Plane makes emergency landing on highway median

Status
Not open for further replies.

kicktd

18:45 LSP arrives at scene. No injuries. Plane had to make an emergency landing due to engine trouble in the median of the highway on I-12W before MM 34.

19:07 Cival Air Patrol (CAP) inbound about 5-10 minutes away from scene. No contact back from owner of plane on moving it from the median.

19:52 Still no word yet from the owner. Sargeant and Trooper are going 10-21 to talk about the plane. No word yet on it being moved.

19:58 In contact with the owner of the plane. They have equipment enroute to remove the plane from the median. Owner on his way to scene.

20:15 LSP is still talking about how to remove the plane. Guess they can't figure out who to call or what to do. Dispatch just mentioned contacting Hammond on how to remove the plane.

Last edited:

red8

That's easy,
Shut down the I-12 far enough to give the pilot enough area to take off. Or get a cherry picker and a flatbed and haul it off . That's
how you do it

kicktd

red8 said:
That's easy,
Shut down the I-12 far enough to give the pilot enough area to take off. Or get a cherry picker and a flatbed and haul it off . That's
how you do it

Yep those would be the only 2 ways, and the flatbed the safest method.

I guess they were trying to get the owner of the plane to arrange for pickup as they kept radioing dispatch and the sarge saying they hadn't heard back from the owner and not sure on how to move the plane out. Haven't heard anything else so I am assuming they finally moved it. Planes engine went out so it couldn't take off.

Status
Not open for further replies.