Polk County Fla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bucfan

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone heard that there going to change the way fire/ems is going to be dispatched thru out Polk County. Heard that there not going to send out verbal dispatch there going to page out instead I don't have no other details just that it is set to happen soon.

Bucfan

Premium Subscriber
Polk County Florida

I guess it was true about not going to dispatch verbal. Its been Hours since last transmission on the Polk county Fire/EMS channel. Heard other counties is going to follow under the new privacy act.

ke4crc

Premium Subscriber
Effective Feb. 10, 2014 Polk County Fire Rescue and the municipal Fire Departments that are Dispatched by Polk County fire Department have transitioned to a Digital Station Alerting. .

The Fire Fighters are caring Alpha / Numeric pagers instead of the old vol. voice pagers.

A-1 Dispatch has been permanently changed to paging dispatch ( NO two way traffic )

A-2 EMS/ CC has been permanently changed to two way Dispatching, the way A-1 has been used over the last few years.

In the coming days the old voice paging on 153.995 will go silent forever.

SCPD

QRT
Maybe something like the" Phoenix G2 Digital Station Alerting", saw a presentation on that.

ke4crc

Premium Subscriber
There will not be any voice traffic on VHF/UHF for the Fire Department once the 153.995 goes silent.
All voice traffic will be on the 800 mhz. TRS system

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Only option aside from listening to a P25 scanner would be figuring out all of the CAPCODES on which ever 900mhz paging carrier they use (probably American Messaging/old Verizon network?). I am aware of a couple of people here in Hillsborough who figured it out for HCFR and were able to watch the pages in real time using WInflex or PDW. Sounds like a fun project........... TT

Bucfan

Premium Subscriber
I heard in response to a privacy act in response to the hippa laws but source was not sure.... would like to thank you all for all the help on here.

nasa806

Premium Subscriber
Anybody figure out what the paging freq is? if so i will figure the cascades out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.