• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

POLL Cb Radio use by state

niceguy71

Thanks for the headsup, @@niceguy71 I'm planning on placing my antenna as center as possible. Could you suggest a good relay, and possibly a picture of your relay? Thanks
my relay is under the RF bonding on the fire wall.
Best Buy's got the Relay for me and installed it I have no idea what it is.... but I know they would have gotten a good one.... they went from the battery positive only... with 10 AWG and put a fuse in.... then went to the below picture and mounted it on the fire wall... then I believe they cut into the trucks Stereo power wire and then went to the relay.. so when the trucks stereo gets power it pulls in the RELAY in ( turns on ) and lets the power from the battery go to my CB

Attachments

• truck CB relay install relay.jpg
    truck CB relay install relay.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 10

Davidbt

my relay is under the RF bonding on the fire wall.
Best Buy's got the Relay for me and installed it I have no idea what it is.... but I know they would have gotten a good one.... they went from the battery positive only... with 10 AWG and put a fuse in.... then went to the below picture and mounted it on the fire wall... then I believe they cut into the trucks Stereo power wire and then went to the relay.. so when the trucks stereo gets power it pulls in the RELAY in ( turns on ) and lets the power from the battery go to my CB
Awesome, thanks for all of the information.

niceguy71

Awesome, thanks for all of the information.
I was linking you to that post for the info and I thought you could watch the RF Bonding video now that you have so much time as your healing up... people have no idea what it involves to get a good working system.... I WANTED a GREAT SYSTEM and I did everything I could to make it work good...... so I did the bonding without even seeing how it worked without it...
I am a member of several CB groups... this is the BEST one with the smartest guys EVER! ... most of the other groups just tell each other to buy a fire Stick and bolt it to bed rail and it will be fantastic because that's what I did to mine!
but here you will find some truly great knowledge...... do I believe in the RF Bonding??? I really don't know... one of the smartest guys here told me it wouldn't do anything and he has never let me down... but many of the other guys sold me on it.... I figured it can't hurt and did it......
my Tram 3500 really does fantastic.... in a lot of the other CB forums guys said they tried the Tram 3500 and got 3 to 5 miles range TOPS! so maybe I got lucky or the RF Bonding did it's trick.
but as you heal DavitBT you can watch this... this is just part TWO! they guy is really detailed oriented

steve9570

Member WSAG-457 -KB1-KZW- KCP-2441 CB-WA1-BZG
Premium Subscriber
I live in Natick and its dead. I have a President hand held next to the bed hooked up to a outside Mag mount and its Ch6 superbowl all day. Got Raddio CB in the car and same thing.
Not like the old days when I could talk skip on my tube 23 ch rig.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
In the Detroit area, I hear some professional drivers during the morning. Most sound like they have regular delivery routes, or are driving the dumps for the various construction projects in my area. In the evenings, I hear base units in/near Detroit chatting.

I hear DX "waving" on 19, too often.

I mostly stay on 19, for road/traffic updates.