Pomona PD

OddlyRad

Premium Subscriber
Hey all I wanted to pick up a police scanner to listen to my local police in the area. But I’m reading it’s encrypted. It’s Pomona pd located in California. Any help is appreciated.

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
I see tons of people going live on TikTok in Bakersfield and the Kern Co and the Sacramento area and this is the reasons why they will all go bye bye. There is no way around the DOJ encryption policy at this point. I see these same people every night chasing the COPS and the FIRE departments to calls. Then when these people are chatting on voice while chasing the COPS on TikTok they are saying plain english that all the Police are doing is profiling people and this does not help any matters at all. This is a guarantee 100 percent kill shot right to all of our heads right between our own running lights. Its not the regular hobby person listening. Its the people live streaming nightly and just plain being idiots. I see it and go oh boy this is not going to turn out well in the next few years. The next big wave of encryption will be coming.

These people stream live every night and I know these police agencies are not liking it at all. Trust me they all know they are being video live every night. I mean honestly would you want anybody following you everyday live on TikTok where every you go and show the whole world watching like 1000 to 2000 people at a time and thinks its a comedy live show. Kern Co's new system will have heavy encryption and the whole central valley eventually. The CRIS system too statewide too. No city or county is safe in the clear at this point. FIRE Too at this point. You see several fire departments going over to PSEC and they are going silent too. This is just the start now for the FD's to start chipping away at their comms too. The whole state of California is a big HOT zone for encryption now. No matter if you are the small local police department or the small little old fire departments like HEMET and Murrieta.

Last edited:

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
I see tons of people going live on TikTok in Bakersfield and the Kern Co and the Sacramento area and this is the reasons why they will all go bye bye. There is no way around the DOJ encryption policy at this point. I see these same people every night chasing the COPS and the FIRE departments to calls. Then when these people are chatting on voice while chasing the COPS on TikTok they are saying plain english that all the Police are doing is profiling people and this does not help any matters at all. This is a guarantee 100 percent kill shot right to all of our heads right between our own running lights. Its not the regular hobby person listening. Its the people live streaming nightly and just plain being idiots. I see it and go oh boy this is not going to turn out well in the next few years. The next big wave of encryption will be coming.

These people stream live every night and I know these police agencies are not liking it at all. Trust me they all know they are being video live every night. I mean honestly would you want anybody following you everyday live on TikTok where every you go and show the whole world watching like 1000 to 2000 people at a time and thinks its a comedy live show. Kern Co's new system will have heavy encryption and the whole central valley eventually. The CRIS system too statewide too. No city or county is safe in the clear at this point. FIRE Too at this point. You see several fire departments going over to PSEC and they are going silent too. This is just the start now for the FD's to start chipping away at their comms too. The whole state of California is a big HOT zone for encryption now. No matter if you are the small local police department or the small little old fire departments like HEMET and Murrieta.
The actions of a few ruin it for the many. Same goes with legislature. I especially see that with things that go into the municipal code in my small town.
Even more of a reason to get involved somewhere, somehow. I bet Scott Edson has an LA-RICS take-home radio, or can long-term borrow one from some cache. Guy just got the right retirement job. Take-home radios should not be a "thing" for anyone besides higher-ranks and on-call specialized teams. "If you're not clocked in, no listening to the comms."