Port Authority of NY and NJ Fire Engine Dispatch

fireboat61

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone provide me with this information. Who Dispatches the Port Authority NY & NJ Fire Engines? The fire Engine I see pics of often show the engine assigned to the G.W.B.

fireboat61

Premium Subscriber
Also to expand on my first question. Since the Port Authority has responsibilities on the airports, is there a central dispatch of all port authority units or is it separated by location like airports vs bridges ?

ten13

Premium Subscriber
Each facility (Bridge, Tunnel, Airport, etc) has their own dispatch desk, and dispatch their own facility units...including the airports...as they deem necessary.

fireboat61

Premium Subscriber
Each facility (Bridge, Tunnel, Airport, etc) has their own dispatch desk, and dispatch their own facility units...including the airports...as they deem necessary.
Thank you, do they operate off state 700 / 800mhz system or is it analog dispatch from each facility ?

ten13

Premium Subscriber

ten13

Premium Subscriber
The System is 100% Encrypted (except for the interop and tech channels)
Incorrect.

The PA has two "systems": the police, which is encrypted, and other "operations" (Tunnel and Bridges tows, Airport Ops. etc) which operate on 'regular" UHF, as detailed in the second link in Post #5, above.