Post Your Mystery Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Ty. Is it common for conventional P25 to show dat and lnk like a TRS does?

ecps92

I have seen it, Common ? Good question.

Sometimes it is only when the Repeater is beaconing or could be part of a Vote-Scan network
CSO are conventional and not voted. Single site repeater inside the court house
Ty. Is it common for conventional P25 to show dat and lnk like a TRS does?

ecps92

Interesting... as that is the only Report freq, I was going with a stand-alone Conventional.
When you hear it beacon, it is generally users turning on a radio, see if you find other beacons on other freqs at the same time.

All my other ICE notes in your area were the NAT TACS and Air Ops..
happy hunting...
ICE is becon or voted here then

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
It's so far only showing data and one voice hit fully E on that voice hit

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Its a series of repeaters that are linked, using a voting system. And to add to the fun, just as with analog set ups like this, there are multiple input frequencies for each repeater with different NAC's depending on location/division, etc... The thing with Fed stuff is that unlike with "Civilian" stuff that has a nifty FCC license open to the public to view showing ALL freqs associated with each repeater location,.... NTIA stuff is under lock and key. (Except for the NFIOG stuff)... SO you have a much wider range of freqs to search through to nail down the inputs, instead of just a few freqs to put in a special side scan list.

ecps92

Now you have me wondering, if a single Repeater can be enabled for Vote-Scan, which might [hey ChrisP] explain some non-linked repeaters beaconing, just like Vote-Scan....hmmmm
It's so far only showing data and one voice hit fully E on that voice hit

ecps92

My experience with the Vote-Scan is [YMMV]
Multiple Repeaters with the same NAC output
One input for a wide-area [FBI RA as an example] with a single NAC for the Wide-Area linked Net

There have also been found, the above, but the ability to use a different NAC for single-site Operations, not Linked to the Wide-Area.

As to the FED, and some are low power sites, to cover a unique area, then others with the high power covering a large area...
Its a series of repeaters that are linked, using a voting system. And to add to the fun, just as with analog set ups like this, there are multiple input frequencies for each repeater with different NAC's depending on location/division, etc... The thing with Fed stuff is that unlike with "Civilian" stuff that has a nifty FCC license open to the public to view showing ALL freqs associated with each repeater location,.... NTIA stuff is under lock and key. (Except for the NFIOG stuff)... SO you have a much wider range of freqs to search through to nail down the inputs, instead of just a few freqs to put in a special side scan list.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Well we now have an active FBI net that was originally thought just a Chicago ops one that is also local Indy. Will have to dig to find the input here. But yes almost all FBI P25 is same NAC output. Also along the Gulf Coast FBI and I think DEA nets are all linked now? And then you have NPS for BRP and NTP... It can get interesting indeed figure out now lol.

ecps92

I've found [probably posted/mentioned before] that [atleast here in New England] the Repeaters are Clustered / Zoned by Resident Agencies, outside of Zone A, which is usually the Field Office channels

Well we now have an active FBI net that was originally thought just a Chicago ops one that is also local Indy. Will have to dig to find the input here. But yes almost all FBI P25 is same NAC output. Also along the Gulf Coast FBI and I think DEA nets are all linked now? And then you have NPS for BRP and NTP... It can get interesting indeed figure out now lol.

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
FBI and DEA are two separate wide area repeater nets on the Florida Gulf Coast. The US Marshals have started using the FBI wide area net. Both nets cover from Pensacola to Jacksonville. Wasted tax dollars on two separate wide area Motorola systems that are only used a hand-full of times during the year. The National Park Service at the Gulf Island National Seashore installed a wide area standalone P25 repeater on 166.300/172.525 a few years back. They never use it. NPS Law Enforcement finally gave the APX6000 portable radios to the Life Guards to use. I also have all the FBI and DEA frequencies if you want them, but there isn't much radio traffic. 99% encrypted except for Jacksonville FBI giving their callsign.

Theradioman10

FBI and DEA are two separate wide area repeater nets on the Florida Gulf Coast. The US Marshals have started using the FBI wide area net. Both nets cover from Pensacola to Jacksonville. Wasted tax dollars on two separate wide area Motorola systems that are only used a hand-full of times during the year. The National Park Service at the Gulf Island National Seashore installed a wide area standalone P25 repeater on 166.300/172.525 a few years back. They never use it. NPS Law Enforcement finally gave the APX6000 portable radios to the Life Guards to use. I also have all the FBI and DEA frequencies if you want them, but there isn't much radio traffic. 99% encrypted except for Jacksonville FBI giving their callsign.
If you don’t mind Can you please message me that list of FBI frequencies I would like to see what I don’t have in my list not hearing much in central Florida

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
I was in Midtown Atlanta today and picked up 169.55 NFM unknown users talking I didn't catch the NAC code or the radio user id number when I was scanning in search mode for Federal VHF.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
In Petersburg over the weekend and heard what sounded like a CC on 407.700 but couldn't get Pro96Comm or Unitrunker to pick it up.

Not FCC Petersburg, otherwise have no clue. Any guesses?

ScubaJungle

This is my list for the week. I dont know what any of them are right now, besides some possibilities:

Tam.pa Area
170.3375​
NAC100 - ENC
169.9​
NAC303 - ENC
410.8​
NAC201
164.7​
analog
418.3375​
analog
167.6875​