• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Power supply for 100-110 watt VHF MCS2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

P25Radio

Premium Subscriber
nice. moto sure made good ones.
They sure did, it powers my 110 watt VHF Astro Spectra, 2 110 watt Astro Spectras UHF, syntor x9000 Lowband 110watt, and an Astro 800.all purring along nicely. No hick ups hits runs or errors best power supply on the market.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
I have a TPN1110B power supply, what I found online is that it's 30 amp, I plugged it in and it puts out 16.28 volts DC with no load on it. Will that work for the MCS2000 VHF 110 watt? I also can get a power supply out of a UHF P25 Quantar, but I don't think that it put's out the amp's I need.

Thanks

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
16.28 VDC is a bit high. What does it measure when you load it down? You really need a well regulated power supply with an output between 12-14 VDC at 30 amps or more. My Astron 35M has been running here for over 15 years with no trouble. Buy a good power supply once and you're good for a long time.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
Its an older Motorola power supply out of an old base station transmitter.

kb7gjy

Feed Provider
My experience is with Astron. I received a old 35 Amp Astron that lived on a mountain top for the first part of its life (5 plus years) then served on a service bench for I don't know how long. I got it and it has been running 24/7 for 15 plus years. Never a lick of problems. 110 watt spectra (Tx 90 watts). then my IC-706MkIIG.

I have ran cheaper power supplies in the past and had some bad experiences (AC Line noise, or the worst one went bad and put 36 volts)

It should be noted that a battery and float charger would work depending on the size of the battery and how long you TX.
But if doing this type of setup venting the battery to outside air is MANDATORY! As a battery chrages it gives off hydrogen gas. A little spark, in a closed enviroment, BOOM!

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
I installed the power supply I posted in a post a few days ago, attached is a picture from my SWR meter. 92.8 watts with a 30 amp power supply, I'll take that. Thanks for all your help/

Attachments

• InkedIMG_5205_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_5205_LI.jpg
    820.6 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.