• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Priority & Channel LOCK-OUT on M1225?

Status
Not open for further replies.

john98225

Just got a M1225 operational. The so-called "Operator Guide" leaves a lot to be desired as far as I'm concerned. Maybe the radio does, too ...

Anyway, please correct me if I'm wrong but it seems the user cannot indefinitely lock-out a channel. Once you lock one out and turn the radio off, it's back the next time you power up. If there IS a way for the user to "set" the scan list (like every other radio and scanner I've owned), please let me know.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to toggle the priority function. It's always active. Is that true?

Thanks again in advance for your help.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Just got a M1225 operational. The so-called "Operator Guide" leaves a lot to be desired as far as I'm concerned. Maybe the radio does, too ...

Anyway, please correct me if I'm wrong but it seems the user cannot indefinitely lock-out a channel. Once you lock one out and turn the radio off, it's back the next time you power up. If there IS a way for the user to "set" the scan list (like every other radio and scanner I've owned), please let me know.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to toggle the priority function. It's always active. Is that true?

Thanks again in advance for your help.

If you want to indefinitely lock out a channel you probably have to do it using the rss/cps software. When locking a channel out by the front pannel it is only temporary.

You can have it programmed so that the user (you) can modify the scan list as you see fit. If you want to add/delete a channel from the scan list, you can. You can also change the priority channel if you wish. I think this has to be enabled in the software though. With the scan OFF, press and hold the scan key, if the display starts flashing, you are in the scan-list modification. If you only hear a low-tone beep after a second or two, the feature is currently disabled. Hope this is what you're asking. Hope it helps.

Oh, I meant to add this, if you can enter the scan-list modification screen, an "A" on the screen represents that particular channel is IN the scan list, a "B" on a certain channel represents that THAT is the current PRIORITY channel. Hope this helps.

john98225

giles391rescue - you're a lifesaver!!! That worked great. I was able to modify the scan list and change the priority channel. Thank you SO much!

Status
Not open for further replies.