Pro-106/197 CPU 1.8 & DSP 1.4 released

Status
Not open for further replies.

tes151

That was easy. If I can figure it out it has to be real easy. Now to see if there is any difference.

bigadam

Just upgraded my Pro-106 and works great

After reading everyone's comments and suggestions as to the new firmware for the Pro-106, I upgraded my newly-purchased CPUv1.7 and DSPv1.3 unit, starting with the CPU upgrade and then the DSP upgrade. It works great!

Many kudos to Don Starr, GRE and Radio Shack for their good job with this!

=========
Equipment:
Radio Shack DX-394
Radio Shack Pro-2096, Pro-96, and Pro-106
Antennas:
Austin "Condor" antenna
DPD Productions VHF Air Blade Indoor Model antenna
==========

Clint106user

I own the Pro-106 and was able to update the CPU version 1.8, but will not update the DSP version 1.4. Have tried to reset all, but still no avail. Followed update instructions as given. Anyone have a clue what is up? Clint

SCPD

QRT
I just found out about these updates last night from this thread. I installed them both fine. Does it matter that I installed the DSP one first? after I did I read you're supposed to installed the CPU update first. Also how do I tell if the fixes are working?

funlvr1965

new here but in doing my research I have read that this is one of the best scanners within a reasonable price range, are there different versions that one should look for before purchasing such as firmware or manufacture dates?

Clint106user

An update to my last post: I had USB cable for the scanner plugged into an extention, or " unpowered " USB hub. After plugging scanner cable directly into pc, both updates were successful. Just a note to other users who may experience this problem. Cheers, Clint.

tlgemxx

Trying to upgrade my pro-106 I just bought and the dsp file seems to be bad all I keep getting is a not a valid win 32 file?
Tried on xp, vista, win7 and all the same thing
Downloaded from here and radioshack even tried the gre file
The gre file gives an error when I go to do the upgrade
Any other palace to download or ideas please

tlgemxx

Sorry I found it on Yahoo Pro-106 group it was a totally different file 232kb vs 116kb i got from radioshack if any one else needs it go to the yahoo group :)

puzzleriddle

Trying to upgrade my pro-106 I just bought and the dsp file seems to be bad all I keep getting is a not a valid win 32 file?
Tried on xp, vista, win7 and all the same thing
Downloaded from here and radioshack even tried the gre file
The gre file gives an error when I go to do the upgrade
Any other palace to download or ideas please

Try downloading the file(s) 7 run em in admin mode with Vista. You wil HAVE to use the RS versions.. they are not interchangeable

RickS31

I am having the same issue with the RS DSP .exe file. That is everytime I try and run it, it comes back with this is not a valid Win32 application. The CPU upgrade worked perfectly. Have XP. Again, no probs upgrading CPU, just won't run the DSP upgrade executable at all.

Anyone else seen this or found a workaround?

Rick

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Odd on an XP machine, but did you try re-downloading it again to be sure? You did extract the zip file I take it?

RickS31

Hi Dave,

Didn't request an Unzip, just stated not an valid executable. Usually, if it's a zip it will bring up the unzip program automatically. The CPU upgrade just ran standalone and quite well. Maybe I'm missing something here. Forgot to add that I did indeed re-download it just to be sure.
Rick

Last edited:

RickS31

OK. Found the good upgrade DSP software package on the Yahoo Group for the PRO106. There is no question that the EXE on Radioshack's Support site is corrupt. It is roughly half the size it should be and won't load when clicked. Downloaded the DSP upgrade for the 106 on the Yahoo Group and not only did the program icon on my Desktop come up as DSP but it loaded beautifully on my 106. And, now my DSP says it is at Ver. 1.4. Done! It's easy to tell the bad one as it's only 133KB while the good one is 232KB.

If anyone needs the "good" executable let me know your email addy by PM and I will send it to you. The one from RS will just not work.

Rick

ScannerSky

Premium Subscriber
I would like to know if my scanner got the bad software since I downloaded the software update from the RadioShack website...seems to be working fine and it says it loaded 1.4 so I guess I didn't have a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.