Pro-106 & Montclair NJ TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian252

Premium Subscriber
I am having trouble getting the Montclair NJ TRS (Montclair Township Public Safety Trunking System, Montclair, New Jersey - Scanner Frequencies) to work in the scanner. It is a Type II SmartNet, Analog/P25 single-site system.

I tried setting the Type to P25 Auto, no luck. I then tried P25 Manual, and entered in the Trunking Table information as follows:

Table 1:
Lo Chan: 0
Hi Chan: 0
Offset: 380
Base: 500.0000
Step: 12.5

Table 2:
Lo Chan: 0
Hi Chan: 0
Offset: 570
Base: 506.0000
Step: 12.5

I am unsure where I can fnd the Lo and Hi channel info, I don't see anything on the page.

I entered all 5 system frequencies. I am picking up the control channel full strength (manually entered all 5 as conventional freqs to test for control channel strength, and found an Analyze feature where it stepped through the frequencies so I can hear if one is the control channel).

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Brian

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Glad ya got er working.
Thanks! Worked like a charm!

Out of curiousity, where did you find (or figure out) the Lo/Hi channel numbers?
Lo and offset are same for each table.

Hi Ch of current table is always one number less then next table Lo Ch/offset. In this case, 569 one number less then 570. What this does is limit looking from base 500.0000 at channel 569 and start looking from base 506.0000 at channel 570.

The max channel number in Motorola VHF/UHF systems is channel 759. Thus a single table system would be 380 lo and 759 hi with 380 as offset.

Status
Not open for further replies.