Pro-106 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryptx

Good Evening,

I am trying to troubleshoot and issue with my buddies Pro-106. He only monitor the Indiana SAFE-T system, along with a few VHF channels.

Whenever a TalkGroup first comes up on his scanner, he usually doesn't hear the beginning part of the traffic. For example, if a firetruck goes responding he can't hear that, but he can hear the dispatcher answering them and all other traffic until the scanner scans again. He has a couple of these set to light up when the channel is keyed up, and the scanner lights up and you can see the channel on the screen, there is just no audio. I have double checked all the settings I can think of and compared them to my 106 as well.

Just seeking some additional input as I am quite baffled currently.

Thanks,
Trevin

N1BHH

It is normal to miss part of a transmission, especially the beginning, when you have a scanner that is capable of monitoring more than 1800 objects. The more objects you have, the longer it takes to scan those objects.

Cryptx

It is normal to miss part of a transmission, especially the beginning, when you have a scanner that is capable of monitoring more than 1800 objects. The more objects you have, the longer it takes to scan those objects.

I only have around 50 talk groups and one site for this scanner. I'm not hearing traffic on it that is being picked up (the light and screen say it's receiving traffic - I just can't hear it).

Cryptx

Did you properly set the rebanding tables on the scanner if not it might miss a transmission from time to time.

I gave that a try and they were off, so hopefully that will help to resolve the issue along with disabling the priority feature. It seems to be working better now.

Cryptx

I appreciate everyone chiming in on this issue - still haven't narrowed it down after trying all this stuff. I loaded my Pro-106 codeplug onto the scanner and it's working fine, so I'm just going to adjust the talkgroups manually and give that a whirl.

Thanks,
Trevin

SCPD

QRT
priority

On any scanner, when you use priority,for what ever reason the priority WILL break up the talking by
(stopping & restarting again ) that is the program in the scanner. Doe's that help ? jbxfire

Status
Not open for further replies.