PRO 106

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerScan2000

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Aug 29, 2010
Messages
83
Reaction score
12
This question may have been answered in the past. if so, sorry for being redundant.

My programming cable no longer works with my Pro 106 Scanner. It keeps saying I need to update drivers.
I have tried this and have not had any luck.

I am using the WIN500 Software
I have the Radio Shack USB Scanner Programming Cable: Cat No. 20-546

Both worked for years with no problems.

Help / Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
TS
 

tvengr

Well Known Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
12,134
Reaction score
5,395
Location
Baltimore County, MD
Try downloading and installing ARC500 for the free trial period. Under the Scanner tab, click on Install USB Driver. It installs a generic driver which works with my 20-546 cables.
 

TigerScan2000

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Aug 29, 2010
Messages
83
Reaction score
12
it is saying

Communications Error 8002, check USB Port Selection

It has 99 different usb/com ports in the drop down window that pops up.
any suggestions.

thanks for getting me this far
 

TigerScan2000

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Aug 29, 2010
Messages
83
Reaction score
12
Well Guys,

I have fixed my problem. It was so low tech that it was quite comical. a little bit of electrical cleaner on the cable and scanner. Bang, working fine. lol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top