Pro-107 Alpha Tag Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have a RS Pro-107 and I cannot get the Alpha Tags to work, I can get it to broadcast even to web ( www.janesvillelive.com ) Is the Pro-107 capable of broadcasting Tags? It shows on scannercast that it's broadcasting the tags but I cannot see them, even when I use WinAmp.

I am connected from scanner to puter with stereo mini jacks, and using the supplied usb for power.

Is there other free (not free trial) software besides ScannerCast I can use?

Also does the usb cable transfer any data for live audio?

Thanks
Greg V

PeterGV

K1PGV
Let's first see if we can get ScannerCast working for you. :)

Interesting... it's definitely not working (note that tags NEVER appear on the web, so that's not a symptom... but you're right, no tags are being sent).

The USB cable (which is a virtual COM port) is what ScannerCast uses to retrieve the tags from the scanner.

So, let's go back over your configuration:

- You've got the audio connect correctly, that's pretty clear, because it sounds great!
- You've selected Pro-500/600 on the ScannerCast Config page
- You've got the USB programming cable plugged into both your scanner and the computer??
- You've selected SOMEthing (what, can you tell me) in the Tags... Format area on the Config page??
- You don't have ANYthing, nothing at all, not even a blank space, in the "Custom Format" field on the Advanced tab???
- What does ScannerCast say: (a) On the status page, (b) At the bottom of the Advanced page where it says "diagnostic Info"? Can you tell me that?

It might be easier for you to post or email screen shots of the scannercast config, status, and advanced tabs, if you'd prefer to do that.

Peter
K1PGV

Let's first see if we can get ScannerCast working for you. :)

Interesting... it's definitely not working (note that tags NEVER appear on the web, so that's not a symptom... but you're right, no tags are being sent).

The USB cable (which is a virtual COM port) is what ScannerCast uses to retrieve the tags from the scanner.

So, let's go back over your configuration:

- You've got the audio connect correctly, that's pretty clear, because it sounds great!
- You've selected Pro-500/600 on the ScannerCast Config page
- You've got the USB programming cable plugged into both your scanner and the computer??
- You've selected SOMEthing (what, can you tell me) in the Tags... Format area on the Config page??
- You don't have ANYthing, nothing at all, not even a blank space, in the "Custom Format" field on the Advanced tab???
- What does ScannerCast say: (a) On the status page, (b) At the bottom of the Advanced page where it says "diagnostic Info"? Can you tell me that?

It might be easier for you to post or email screen shots of the scannercast config, status, and advanced tabs, if you'd prefer to do that.

Peter
K1PGV

Hello, here are the screen shots of my config. http://www.janesvillelive.com/screen.htm

Greg V

PeterGV

K1PGV
Hello, here are the screen shots of my config.

Hmmmmm... everying in your setup looks... ah... exactly correct. Darn!

Hmmmm (again)... I just noticed that you have a Pro-107, not a Pro-106 -- Ugh, it's entirely possible the Pro-107 is just slightly different from the 106, and that's causing things to not work properly.

You'll note that only the Pro-106 and Pro-196 are on the list of supported scanners.

The ONLY thing I can suggest, and it's just a random shot in the dark, is for you to select "TSYS or SLST Name + TGRP/CONV" as the tags format and see if that changes anything.

Sorry... I'll have to see if I can dig up the interface docs for the PRO-107 (or ask somebody in the GRE forum) and check this out.

Please DO let me know if changing the tag format works at all.

Sigh!

Peter
K1PGV

Hmmmmm... everying in your setup looks... ah... exactly correct. Darn!

Hmmmm (again)... I just noticed that you have a Pro-107, not a Pro-106 -- Ugh, it's entirely possible the Pro-107 is just slightly different from the 106, and that's causing things to not work properly.

You'll note that only the Pro-106 and Pro-196 are on the list of supported scanners.

The ONLY thing I can suggest, and it's just a random shot in the dark, is for you to select "TSYS or SLST Name + TGRP/CONV" as the tags format and see if that changes anything.

Sorry... I'll have to see if I can dig up the interface docs for the PRO-107 (or ask somebody in the GRE forum) and check this out.

Please DO let me know if changing the tag format works at all.

Sigh!

Peter
K1PGV

hello, did what you said and no luck, but still shows tags in the diog info on the bottom of the advanced tab.

Greg V

SCPD

QRT
I'd be inclined to think that the Pro-107 doesnt support broadcast tags. Just a WAG however.

PeterGV

K1PGV
The tags are showing up... the scanner's responding to the command from ScannerCast. ScannerCast isn't able to parse the reply, however. Which means the reply isn't exactly equivalent to the Pro-106/196.

Sooo many scanner models, so little time,

Peter
K1PGV

The tags are showing up... the scanner's responding to the command from ScannerCast. ScannerCast isn't able to parse the reply, however. Which means the reply isn't exactly equivalent to the Pro-106/196.

Sooo many scanner models, so little time,

Peter
K1PGV

Hey Peter

Are you still researching this or do I just settle for no tags?

Is there anybody getting tags from the Pro-107? (using ScannerCast) If so please give details and setup notes.

Thanks
Greg V

P.S. How do I get my Audio provider icon?

PeterGV

K1PGV
Are you still researching this or do I just settle for no tags?

I will continue to look into this, but it's "on the list" with about 2 dozen other things.

Given that the Pro-107 isn't on the list of scanners that ScannerCast supports for tag retrieval (as show in the Supported Scanner Models section on this page) you should probably assume that ScannerCast won't support tags from the Pro-107 until after V1.0 is completed.

Sorry, I know that's not maximally helpful to you.. but ScannerCast can't support every scanner model in its first release. V2.0 will bring support for many more models... this is probably the #1 requested "additional feature"!

Peter
K1PGV

I will continue to look into this, but it's "on the list" with about 2 dozen other things.

Given that the Pro-107 isn't on the list of scanners that ScannerCast supports for tag retrieval (as show in the Supported Scanner Models section on this page) you should probably assume that ScannerCast won't support tags from the Pro-107 until after V1.0 is completed.

Sorry, I know that's not maximally helpful to you.. but ScannerCast can't support every scanner model in its first release. V2.0 will bring support for many more models... this is probably the #1 requested "additional feature"!

Peter
K1PGV

Thanks for all your help, do you know of any other free software providrer that would broadcast tags? I an very new to this so I am not sure whats out there.

Just seems strange that the tags show up on the advanced tab but do not broadcast.

Greg V

Status
Not open for further replies.