PRO-107 database suggestion (Railroads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zonker

How about adding the option for adding ALL of the AAR frequencies?

In Alameda County, adding all of the railroads I could find in my available choices, There were 59 of the AAR frequencies NOT in my scan list, and I found many multiple entries for AAR 12, AAR 14, etc.

Sure, most railroads list their main Road and some Yard channels, but many Local jobs and Switch crews will pick other channels on their AAR radios for their daily intercom, while the engineer listens to the Road channel as well. This would allow an easy way to import ALL of those channels in one swing.

Best regards,

-Z-

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
How about adding the option for adding ALL of the AAR frequencies?

In Alameda County, adding all of the railroads I could find in my available choices, There were 59 of the AAR frequencies NOT in my scan list, and I found many multiple entries for AAR 12, AAR 14, etc.

Sure, most railroads list their main Road and some Yard channels, but many Local jobs and Switch crews will pick other channels on their AAR radios for their daily intercom, while the engineer listens to the Road channel as well. This would allow an easy way to import ALL of those channels in one swing.

Best regards,

-Z-

Since they are standardized (Channels) frequencies it would be just as easy for you to create a Railroad bank in the scanner if it does not have a service search for those frequencies. If they create the RR list they would need to add FRS, GMRS, MURS, CB, FM Radio, Marine, etc etc. I just see this creating a lot of additional work....

madhatter66

You can also submit them for inclusion into the database... If they put them it, it will get dumped into the database when there is an update to download.

When you make a suggestion, just remember the database you are downloading is not some mastermind somewhere, its all user submissions... So submit what you got....

zonker

Hmmm... Thanks for all the replies.

1) I do have other scanners that will fill MY needs as an individual. The suggestion is one that I thought might help a large number of PRO-107 users, since I find that it's hard (impossible) to add frequencies (which are not in the SD card database) on the road (via the media player interface).

2) I'm learning more about the iSCAN software. But, the screens for the program are larger than my Netbook, so I can't get to the tabs on the bottom of the screen. As a result, I've got to wait until I can get a virtual machine running on my home machine to make these changes. Since it's a bother (and I may need to wait a few days from when I get a new frequency to when I can add it), and the next iteration of the database may overwrite the changes that I'm making, I'm hoping that this chunk of 59 addresses with tags would be readily available in future revisions.

3) I'm new to the Object Oriented scanner thing, and it's not as intuitive as one might like. I'm sure I'll learn more by hacking with the interface, but I see the strength as having the SD card... it needs to be easier to add my "custom channels" (Ham freqs, things that are not listed in the existing DB on the card).

4) I was a paid RRef member a couple years ago, when I got my BC-250D, but I've remained a regular member. I cannot see an easy way to "Add this to your Personal object-oriented database". I'm hoping that this breed of scanner was intended to integrate well, and I simply need to read more, in order to become more comfortable.

Best regards for the new year,

-Z-

Billknn

Premium Subscriber
working on the railroad ...

If my previous solution isn't to your liking, go to the state of Nevada in the RRDB and you will find all the AAR channels available to D/L into your scanner playlists with a few mouse clicks.

Bill

nodak1crdet3

Hmmm... Thanks for all the replies.

1) I do have other scanners that will fill MY needs as an individual. The suggestion is one that I thought might help a large number of PRO-107 users, since I find that it's hard (impossible) to add frequencies (which are not in the SD card database) on the road (via the media player interface).

2) I'm learning more about the iSCAN software. But, the screens for the program are larger than my Netbook, so I can't get to the tabs on the bottom of the screen. As a result, I've got to wait until I can get a virtual machine running on my home machine to make these changes. Since it's a bother (and I may need to wait a few days from when I get a new frequency to when I can add it), and the next iteration of the database may overwrite the changes that I'm making, I'm hoping that this chunk of 59 addresses with tags would be readily available in future revisions.

3) I'm new to the Object Oriented scanner thing, and it's not as intuitive as one might like. I'm sure I'll learn more by hacking with the interface, but I see the strength as having the SD card... it needs to be easier to add my "custom channels" (Ham freqs, things that are not listed in the existing DB on the card).

4) I was a paid RRef member a couple years ago, when I got my BC-250D, but I've remained a regular member. I cannot see an easy way to "Add this to your Personal object-oriented database". I'm hoping that this breed of scanner was intended to integrate well, and I simply need to read more, in order to become more comfortable.

Best regards for the new year,

-Z-

If you can't see the tabs at the bottom of your computer screen. Give this a try. Hit & hold the Ctrl key & then the Tab key to change the screens on the PRO-107 program.

Status
Not open for further replies.