PRO-160/162 "Wired" mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

DickH

Plugging in a cable or an empty plug into either scanner displays "Clone Mode [UP] to send". Is there something I need to change to get them to read "Wired Programming"?

Please don't digress. The program, cable, connectors, driver, and computer are all OK.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
No, there is no setting in the scanner to change modes, it's completely automatic based on what the scanner senses when turned on with a cable already inserted in the PC/IF jack.

The scanner will only going into Wired Programming mode when the cable is connected to the PC/IF jack and computer, and the software is already running on the computer. Connect both ends of the cable, start the program, then turn the scanner on. Anything else will cause it to go into Clone Mode, especially inserting an "empty plug".

Also make sure that you DON'T use the mono adapter pigtail with the Radio Shack cable. The GRE USB cable works right out of the box, even though these are Uniden Japan manufactured units.

Last edited:

DickH

No, there is no setting in the scanner to change modes, it's completely automatic based on what the scanner senses when turned on with a cable already inserted in the PC/IF jack.

The scanner will only going into Wired Programming mode when the cable is connected to the PC/IF jack and computer, and the software is already running on the computer. Connect both ends of the cable, start the program, then turn the scanner on. Anything else will cause it to go into Clone Mode, especially inserting an "empty plug".

Also make sure that you DON'T use the mono adapter pigtail with the Radio Shack cable. The GRE USB cable works right out of the box, even though these are Uniden Japan manufactured units.

Thanks. Had checked all that many times. Finally un-installed ARC-160, making sure all stray files, etc. were deleted, then re-installed it. Now working OK. Must have been a corrupted file somewhere.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Flaky Butel software? Say it ain't so!

BTW I read your post in your 160/162 group after I posted all that up there. You should've made the same post, the other one was much clearer and more thorough. I would've replied much differently to this thread.

DickH

Flaky Butel software? Say it ain't so!

BTW I read your post in your 160/162 group after I posted all that up there. You should've made the same post, the other one was much clearer and more thorough. I would've replied much differently to this thread.

I figured the people in this group are much more knowledgeable than on the other group, thus a short question here.
BTW, there is no Chauffeur6 on the other group. You're not one of THEM, are you - afraid to use one name for all groups? I could never understand the rational behind that.

Status
Not open for further replies.