PRO-197 programming help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4ELO

Premium Subscriber
My first scanner - PRO-197 and trying WIN500 to load Logan county KY public safety digital.
I have updated the firmware to 1.9 Using the Grecom scanner interface cable 100-016.

After selecting State/County/System and clicking import this system, I get a message that says: This system type is not supported byt the PSR-500. etc. But that's not my scanner and I don't see a way to set it. If I say yes to import non-trunked, I don't seem to get anything transferred.

Any idea what I am doing wrong here?
Thanks for any assistance.

RomeRon

My first scanner - PRO-197 and trying WIN500 to load Logan county KY public safety digital.
I have updated the firmware to 1.9 Using the Grecom scanner interface cable 100-016.

After selecting State/County/System and clicking import this system, I get a message that says: This system type is not supported byt the PSR-500. etc. But that's not my scanner and I don't see a way to set it. If I say yes to import non-trunked, I don't seem to get anything transferred.

Any idea what I am doing wrong here?
Thanks for any assistance.

Logan county KY public safety digital is NEXEDGE , I think you are out of luck on that one.

Last edited:

K4ELO

Premium Subscriber
Solved

Thanks Ron. I imported both Logan and Simpson counties as analog and they are scanning now.
Took me a few tries using the Utah Radio guide, but I finally got it.

usafss

Also suggest that you make sure you have latest version of Win500 (2.06 I think). It gave me that message when I tried to import using older version. Like it was detecting the wrong scanner type.
New version worked fine.

K4ELO

Premium Subscriber
Thanks usafss - yeah, it's the latest version. But I finally got it loaded and scanning.

jfhtm350

Just like RomeRon points out, Logan Co Public Safety (Digital) Logan County Public Safety (Digital) Trunking System, Russellville, Kentucky - Scanner Frequencies is nexedge and there are no scanners that can decode it.

You may however try to program in the analog one and see if they are on it. Logan County Public Safety (Analog) Trunking System, Russellville, Kentucky - Scanner Frequencies . It does say there also they are switching to nexedge digital in the coming months so you may just be out of luck on that system.

Status
Not open for further replies.