Pro 197

Status
Not open for further replies.

de784

Feed Provider
I have been using a pro197 for my feed. Sussex County Delaware. Within the last few weeks it has been hanging up. Broadcasting talkgroups that I don't have programed in. Any settings I can change to stop this.

Thanks

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I have been using a pro197 for my feed. Sussex County Delaware. Within the last few weeks it has been hanging up. Broadcasting talkgroups that I don't have programed in. Any settings I can change to stop this.

Thanks

Sounds like you have it in search mode instead of scan mode.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I assume you are feeding more than one TG. Which means you have TGs programmed and the unit in SCAN mode. By any chance is there a WildCard in your TG list? If so, either delete it or permanently lock it out.

de784

Feed Provider
I assume you are feeding more than one TG. Which means you have TGs programmed and the unit in SCAN mode. By any chance is there a WildCard in your TG list? If so, either delete it or permanently lock it out.
No wildcard. It had been working with no issues this just started

tvengr

Well Known Member
If no wildcard, you are in one of several search modes. Refer to pages 51 thru 63 in the owner's manual.

Last edited:

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
I have found as my Pro-197 and Pro-106 have aged they both have become very "quirky"... they will play for a couple months flawlessly and out of nowhere develop a "heap error" and are unusable until i reload the v folder or resend the programming from the computer, then all is well until the next episode. Also they are more prone to the problem if they are turned off and on every day... so I mostly leave them on 24-7 and just turn them down if needed. And if we have any electrical flicker/surge they loose their talkgroups and go into "heap error"...
I actually like the audio of them better on P25 than my Unidens, which I've never had anything like this happen on them, but they can sure be fickle..

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I have each a PRO-197 and PSR-500. The PRO-197 runs 24/7 from solid power. Every now and then I've seen things like the text on the display is reversed (mirror image) or upside down. A power cycle fixes it.

I've really only run the PSR-500 from Eneloop batteries in a mobile capacity. I have rarely seen issues until recently I got a heap error.

DJ11DLN

I've never had the infamous "heap error" show up on my 197, or the 651 that I beat around the farm with for that matter. Identical programming of course. The 197 is the one scanner I power off every night at bedtime because the quirky behavior only shows up when it's been on for a few weeks. The 651 will only work on batteries anymore so it obviously gets depowered regularly.

I only have about $160 total in both radios so if the magic smoke comes out right now I still really can't complain...

Status
Not open for further replies.