PRO-2052

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Re: Scan Control

lgentle said:
I purchased the full version. OK, so what your saying about entering TG ID alpha tag's is I can only input tags for ID's that I want to listen to frequently? Sorry if I'm not getting this, but I'm still "new" to trunking. I'm used to my BCT7. Thanks again!

Those of us who own a Pro-2052 turned the scanner on for the first time once, :D then turned it on again, :eek: then a few more agains. :? And we were overwhelmed by "what to do next" :( . Mike is pointing you in the correct direction and will get you into tracking your large Smartnet system correctly :) . Both of you have the great ScanControl software 8) , he is not far from you so hopefully knows the system well :wink: .

I've attached a doc which you don't need for PC programming but it condenses the instructions in the manual for trunking into one page with step by step setup procedures. This may aid in understanding how and what the scanner is doing while you try to set it up correctly.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Re: DOC file

lgentle said:
When I download this file, it is a .PHP file, not a .DOC.
Replace the php with doc. BTW, when I clicked on Download the doc opened in my browser.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Re: Scan Control

lgentle said:
I purchased the full version. OK, so what your saying about entering TG ID alpha tag's is I can only input tags for ID's that I want to listen to frequently? Sorry if I'm not getting this, but I'm still "new" to trunking. I'm used to my BCT7. Thanks again!

Yes, and keep in mind that it will only work while in trunk scan mode. While in search mode, Scan Control will not post the alpha IDs since it doesn't have them.

I've prepared a native SC .dat file that contains milair frequencies. However, don't expect to hear much on that short whip that comes with the scanner. You will need a good outdoor antenna and coax; that's another subject that I think should be handeled in the antennas forum on this board. Let's get you straightened out trunking first.

Since I can't attach a .dat file, send me a PMail to ka3jjz@netscape.com and the file is yours.

73s Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.