Pro-2055... Flickering

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcradio

Database Admin
Hey Folks.. Just noticed on my Pro-2055 the display kind of flickers now and then.. Almost like it's losing power for a fraction of a second. The numbers/letters flick just for a moment, then back to normal. This only seems to happen when scanning. Backlight appears normal.

I hope to hell this isn't a prelude to a display failure (Yes, I have that dreaded date code). My question is, has anyone else noticed this? Is this normal, or a sign of an impending failure?

Thanks in advance

drew6553

mine will flicker when its pulling weak signal from a 800 mhz voice channel had mine for a year with no problem

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
I believe there was a thread about this a few months ago, someone said in the dark with the backlight on they could see it flicker when it was scanning. Everyone that responded said that their 2055 did the same thing, so it sounds like it's normal.

Eng74

Is this happening on a trunked system? If I rember right the same kind of thing happens with the 97 when you have a CC in the *00 channel you get a flicker.

bcradio

Database Admin
Folks, thanks a lot! You've put my mind at ease.

I've tried playing around with the contrast, seems to still do the flickr thing. Glad to hear it's not an iminent sign of doom. :)

KD8CPI

Eng74 said:
I think when the display goes it just goes right now no real warning.

Yes when they go there is no warning. Only 3 months on the desk and mine is
sitting in NY getting repaired...

Bucko

I have been using mine since Feb and can't say I ever saw it flicker, exception maybe when a signal maybe cutting in and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.