Pro-43

Status
Not open for further replies.

CWagner

All,

My PRO-43's keypad is worn and I'm looking for a replacement keypad in good condition. The part number is 10789808 which is no longer available through Radio Shack. If anyone has one please let me know.

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
You might check some threads here regarding "fixing" the Pro-43 keypad rather than replacing it. As I recall someone used a pencil eraser to remove the tarnish (?) that builds up on the back of the keypad. This was brought up recently... A common problem with the Pro-43. I think I may have a spare keypad but I am not parting with it.

CWagner

You might check some threads here regarding "fixing" the Pro-43 keypad rather than replacing it. As I recall someone used a pencil eraser to remove the tarnish (?) that builds up on the back of the keypad. This was brought up recently... A common problem with the Pro-43. I think I may have a spare keypad but I am not parting with it.

Thanks for your response, however, the issue is that my keypad's buttons are completely worn down below the surface of the receiver's case making pressing those buttons very difficult.

I will need a replacement keypad.

n7rsf

Feed Provider
Pro-43 Keypad

Just do a Google search for a Pro-43 parts list. I believe you can still order the keypad from Radio Shack, or maybe even GRE. I was able to get one about 6 years ago.

Nasby

I have 2 pro 43 keypads in good working shape. 20 bucks and they are yours. Just PM me if you are interested.

CWagner

Just do a Google search for a Pro-43 parts list. I believe you can still order the keypad from Radio Shack, or maybe even GRE. I was able to get one about 6 years ago.

All,

My PRO-43's keypad is worn and I'm looking for a replacement keypad in good condition. The part number is 10789808 which is no longer available through Radio Shack. If anyone has one please let me know.

Thanks for your help but please make sure to read the post before you reply.

CWagner

Still looking - some folks like to use my WTB ad as their own and swipe goods from my respondents.

CWagner

I still need a keyboard... please email me... christopher_wagner at c0mcast dotnet!

ka2wey

Pro43 is available!

I am a Radio Shack service technician. This keypad is still available and I placed an order for one. to sell to you at the retail cost of $11.26. You can call my service center at 716-836-4148 and ask for Bob so I can
arrange to have it shipped to you.

CWagner

Bob helped me find my keypad after months of searching, even after a Radio Shack parts center told me these were no longer available.

Being a former Radio Shack employee of the 90's we know how difficult it is anymore to find competent employees to help us with our electronics needs. Bob did just that and went out of his way to post a response to my request. Thank you very much Bob for making it possible to get my first, childhood handheld scanner back in commission.

I will call Bob should I have any future parts needs.

Chris

N2SCV

Premium Subscriber
I talked to Bob this past week, he was going to check on a keypad and battery holder for me. He sent me the holder but called me and said that the keypads are no longer available anywhere. Thanks Bob, you really did go the extra mile. I really appreciate it.

Bob helped me find my keypad after months of searching, even after a Radio Shack parts center told me these were no longer available.

Being a former Radio Shack employee of the 90's we know how difficult it is anymore to find competent employees to help us with our electronics needs. Bob did just that and went out of his way to post a response to my request. Thank you very much Bob for making it possible to get my first, childhood handheld scanner back in commission.

I will call Bob should I have any future parts needs.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.