pro 652 programing railroad frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

locnut

I am trying to program railroad freq. into my scanner. The frequency would be 928.10625. It will round it off to 928.10000. The BCP frequency will work 952.10625. Is the radio blocked so it will not take the 928.10625?

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
It is not blocked, but it does not match what the scanner believes the step size (12.5 kHz or 0.0125 MHz) should be for that band of frequencies.

It can be bypassed if you turn on FlexStep in your Expert Settings menu. You can get to the Expert Settings menu using PROG - FUNC - F3 (GLOB). Use the down arrow until you reach FlexStep and set it to "FlexStep: On." You should then be able to program pretty much any frequency you want.

I do not normally monitor any rail frequencies, so I am curious what 928.10625 MHz would be used for.

locnut

The frequency is used for the atcs control system on the railroads. everything talks to dispatch so they see all. They are now going to the split freq so I want to use the radio to see if I can hear them.

Nasby

The frequency is used for the atcs control system on the railroads. everything talks to dispatch so they see all. They are now going to the split freq so I want to use the radio to see if I can hear them.

Are there actual voice conversations on these ATCS frequencies?
I thought they were only telemetry type signals and beeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.