Pro-91

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
I have a pro-91 scanner and I want to add a discriminator tap to run trunker for an edacs system. My question is can a pro-91 be used with trunker on an edacs system even though the scanner cannot track an edacs system? Also if anybody is familiar Ohio MARCS can the pro-91 be used with trunker to follow that system?

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
ctpd845 said:
I have a pro-91 scanner and I want to add a discriminator tap to run trunker for an edacs system. My question is can a pro-91 be used with trunker on an edacs system even though the scanner cannot track an edacs system? Also if anybody is familiar Ohio MARCS can the pro-91 be used with trunker to follow that system?
The PRO-91 is a non-digital scanner, and cannot monitor Ohio MARCS which is an APCO-25 digital system.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
I know the pro-91 cannot monitor digital and EDACS systems. I was just wanting to know if the pro-91 can be used on an EDACS system and Ohio MARCS with trunker.

SCPD

QRT
Any radio - including non-trunking scanners - that has an FM discriminator and can be tuned to a trunking control channel - can be tapped for discriminator audio for use with programs like Trunker. The short answer to your questions is "Yes".

-rick

Status
Not open for further replies.