Pro 95 Problums

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbo0706

Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2005
Messages
73
Reaction score
2
Location
Granbury,TX USA
Yes Ya`ll did.. :) At least I can pick up a few good things on the one Freq That worked. :) Just wish I did not have to drive all the way into FtWorth Just to see if the Trunking part of the scanner works. :( Any Ways Thank You all for your Help.
 

Al42

Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2005
Messages
3,457
Reaction score
0
Location
Long Island, NY, USA
jimbo0706 said:
Just wish I did not have to drive all the way into FtWorth Just to see if the Trunking part of the scanner works. :( Any Ways Thank You all for your Help.
But while you're there you have your choice of over 100 beers on tap, and that's got to be worth the ride - I've done it from Dallas just for that.
 

jimbo0706

Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2005
Messages
73
Reaction score
2
Location
Granbury,TX USA
One last ?. May be a stupid one. But with my pro 95 It says in the manual it will pick up Type 1 and type 2 and type 1 and 2 hybrid Moto Sys. Would my Scanner be able to pick up Type 2 Moto Smartnet sys ?
 

eyes00only

Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2004
Messages
2,816
Reaction score
109
Location
Denver Colorado
jimbo0706 said:
One last ?. May be a stupid one. But with my pro 95 It says in the manual it will pick up Type 1 and type 2 and type 1 and 2 hybrid Moto Sys. Would my Scanner be able to pick up Type 2 Moto Smartnet sys ?

No such thing as a stupid question. Yes, the 95 does great on Moto Smartnet. The good thing about Type 2 is that you don't need fleet maps, which are a hassle.

Jerry
 

jimbo0706

Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2005
Messages
73
Reaction score
2
Location
Granbury,TX USA
Thats what I wanted to hear. :) I have had a few other Scanners like the Pro-28 Pro-2017 Pro-89 <--- Still have and all work. And now the pro-95. So as you can tell I am new to Trunking.
Now with the Pro 95 do I have to add the Talk groups or can I just leave the bank in open mode and pick them up indivdule.. ?
 

eyes00only

Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2004
Messages
2,816
Reaction score
109
Location
Denver Colorado
In open mode you hear everything. Make notes of the talkgroups so you can enter them in sub-banks. For instance; sub one - 0 to 19 police, sub two - 0 to 19 fire etc. Five subs X 20 TG's = 100 ( in closed mode ).

Have fun!

Jerry
 

sesj

Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2005
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Trun Scan vs Trunk Search

I'm baffled by something, and I thought I had everything right. (guess not) :) When I'm doing a Trunk Scan, I'm picking up xmissions, but not all of them. When I do a Trunk Search, it's grabbing the rest of the xmissions.

I can't seem to figure out why it's not picking up everything in trunk scan.
Also, the hold doesn't work in trunk scan, but does in trunk search. In trunk scan, it just switches over to "man".

I guess I'll keep reading the manual over and over until something pieces together.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!
Steven
 

eyes00only

Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2004
Messages
2,816
Reaction score
109
Location
Denver Colorado
Not sure what you mean by a trunk search. In closed mode, assuming you have some talkgroups entered, if you want to HOLD a TG(in SCAN mode), you push the TRUNK button DURING a transmission. The only thing I hate about the 95, is that you can't go to a TG and wait for traffic. I hope that helps a little.

Jerry
 

sesj

Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2005
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
I guess what I mean is when I press "Trunk" it starts scanning all the trunk ids I've entered, as well as common frequencies I've entered. When it's in this setting, I seem to miss xmissions.

If I press "Trunk" then press the SRC/Limit button, it does a trunk scan in a search mode and picks up a bunch of other IDs.

I use to have the pro-83, then the 94, and I'm wondering if I should just go get the 97 hehe. Any thoughts?

*update*
I just realized I posted this in the pro-95 thread.. grrr..sorry about that. If you can still help, that would be great. Thanks again :)
 

eyes00only

Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2004
Messages
2,816
Reaction score
109
Location
Denver Colorado
All you need to push is SCAN. Be sure you are in a bank that is programmed in the MOTO or EDACS mode. My 95 is better than my 94 when it comes to holding on to the control channel. The 94 loses the system sometimes at the worst moment. The 97 looks good too, but I'm saving for a 396 because there is a lot of digital in my area.

Jerry
 

Al42

Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2005
Messages
3,457
Reaction score
0
Location
Long Island, NY, USA
eyes00only said:
All you need to push is SCAN. Be sure you are in a bank that is programmed in the MOTO or EDACS mode. My 95 is better than my 94 when it comes to holding on to the control channel. The 94 loses the system sometimes at the worst moment.
When I played around with my 95 it sometimes locked on the active CC. Since I've put it on my web site, only allowing it to sit on one TRS, it hasn't done that once. When I have the 396 to put onto the web site I'll have to play with the 95 to see exactly what causes it to lose the system (if someone else hasn't figured it out first).
 

eyes00only

Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2004
Messages
2,816
Reaction score
109
Location
Denver Colorado
Al42 said:
When I played around with my 95 it sometimes locked on the active CC.

My 95 never locks on a CC. It loses a CC somtimes. One system in my area is fairly far & weak, and it goes in & out sometimes. The problem is A LOT worse with my 94.

Jerry
 

sesj

Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2005
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
what do you suggest I do?
Find a 95 or perhaps get a 97?

or should I avoid radio shack all together? :)

Thanks again
 

eyes00only

Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2004
Messages
2,816
Reaction score
109
Location
Denver Colorado
sesj said:
what do you suggest I do?
Find a 95 or perhaps get a 97?

or should I avoid radio shack all together? :)

Thanks again

Remember Radio Shack does not make scanners. They sell Uniden and GRE scanners. The Pro 94 is Uniden, and the Pro 95 is GRE. I don't know who makes the 97. I'm sure someone will pop in and let us know. The 97 is newer, so it may be better.

Jerry
 

sesj

Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2005
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
I'm thinkin it might help a little to have the 97 since it has stalker II on it... but I don't know for sure.

This 94 is a mess I think... I have to press "trunk" then "src" to put it into an ID search before I can hear all xmissions. I'm just tryin to justify spending the extra $50 for the pro-97...

grrr...I mostly want a scanner for paramedic xmissions... but at the same time, the PD/FIRE is interesting because they all go hand in hand some times.

Maybe I should go get something really cheap and call it a day hehe
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top