pro 95 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

derrek_lee_25

is it possible to pick up the blue angels on my pro 95 im going to the quad city air show in june and i was planning on bringing my pro 95

N8IAA

derrek_lee_25 said:
is it possible to pick up the blue angels on my pro 95 im going to the quad city air show in june and i was planning on bringing my pro 95

The only freqs will be the normal 118-137mhz AM VHF aircraft band, and anything that is in the FM mode. You'll need a 97 or one of the new PSR/RS scanners i.e. Pro-164.
Larry

CORN

Premium Subscriber
derrek_lee_25 said:

In short the answer is no. The Pro-95 doesn't have the 225-400MHz band (or now for all the technical folks 225-380MHz) and the Blues entire a/a comms are in that range. Such as 237.8 and such. You should be ok to hear the ground comms though for the Blues. As for scanner restrictions, that mainly applies to airshows at military facilities not shows at civilian airports so with Quad Cities i would say it's a safe bet your ok there.

eyes00only

I have seen some odd things done at air shows. Once the 'air boss' and many other comms were on a CB freq. (no kidding). I had 2 or 3 scanners with me and never heard a dang thing! Now I always take a cheap CB, plus the newer scanners even cover that range. I now have a PSR500 that I'm looking forward to taking to an air show next year.

JK

kny2xb

If you use WIN95 from starrsoft.com to program your PRO-95, you can "push" the mil-air freqs into the radio. Since the radio was not manufactured to receive the mil-air range though, reception [if any] quality would be iffy. I used to have a PRO-95, but I never had a chance to test the mil-air reception with it.

SCPD

QRT
kny2xb I notice you have a pro43/ I have 2 that I use for milcoms, do you think I could use one power adapter to feed both 43,s I have the 9v 300 ma adapter, could a 9v 500 ma do the job ? tnk Bob

AerialEars

I've tried the WIN95 trick. Don't bother. The Pro-95 is stone deaf in the mil air band.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I've tried the WIN95 trick. Don't bother. The Pro-95 is stone deaf in the mil air band.

That's odd, The win95 trick worked fine for me when the blue angles were on Long Island...I don't think it would make a difference but I was using the 800MHz radio shack antenna..

Also if you just want to know when they are arriving at the airshow and if your near the airport you should hear them on the tower freqs requesting takeoff clearance...they show up very fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.