Pro-95 Software Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaime

Hi everyone!
I'm new to scanning. I tried to add some frequencies using Starr's Win95 program and it added the frequencies I had posted, but locked out all the other stuff I already was using. Now 0-4 gives me an "all channels locked out" message. Any help available?
Jaime

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
Well just go back into Win95, and clear the boxes for each channel that is locked out, and reload the data into the scanner.

Hope this helps. :)

jaime

Colin,

It does not show any lock out on the program, because I just added some frequencies on a bank that i was not using. When I uploaded the info. thinking that it would just add these new frequencies, it locked out all the previous info. that was in the scanner and locked the banks or whatever you call them.
Jaime

KE5BCP

Analog Man
Win95 writes the entire data file at once (all 10 banks as well as settings).
Anything that is "locked out" is simply not there anymore due to being over-written.

OkRob

Also, on the very front page of Win95, under Enabled Scan Banks, make sure you have the ones you want to scan checked. If none of them are selected that may be causing your all locked out message, although I'm not sure if the upload will succeed without at least one checked, have never tried that.

- Rob

rpowley

W5JSS said:
Win95 writes the entire data file at once (all 10 banks as well as settings).
Anything that is "locked out" is simply not there anymore due to being over-written.
This is exactly correct - I found out the hard way a couple of years ago. If you don't have a saved file of what is in your scanner you need to do a download from the scanner to WIN95 1/st then upload to the scanner from WIN95 after you edit or make additions to the file - All this is hindsight, since what you had is now gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.