Pro 95 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DS49

My pro 95 is stuck in the clone mode. I tried the reset button and still stays in clone mode.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks
Dan

Last edited:

rpowley

Making the assumption you have nothing inserted in the PC/IF Port......cloning cable, headphones, aux speaker (it does happen)

Have you tryed both of the below options?

RESETTING THE SCANNER
1. Turn off the scanner, then turn it on again.
2. Insert a pointed object, such as a straightened paper clip, into the reset opening on the side of the scanner. Then gently press and release the reset button inside the opening. Pressing the reset button does not clear the scanner's memory.

INITIALIZING THE SCANNER
1. Turn off the scanner, then turn it on again. Welcome To Dual Trunking appears.
2. Press 0 then 1 while Welcome To Dual Trunking appears.
Initializing Please Wait. appears for about 2 seconds. Do not turn off the scanner until
the initialization is complete.When the initialization is complete M000 appears on the top line of the display. Bank 0 Ch 00 appears on the bottom line.
- This will wipe out your programmed info-

DS49

Re-Pro 95

Yes, I tried the reset button with the pin and it stays in clone mode. When you turn on the scanner it says clone mode. I can't read or write to it with the software.

Does anyone know if I can send this pro 95 back to radio shack for repair?

Dubbin

Feed Provider
DS49 said:
Yes, I tried the reset button with the pin and it stays in clone mode. When you turn on the scanner it says clone mode. I can't read or write to it with the software.

So you have NOTHING plugged into the PC/IF Port?

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
DS49 said:

If you initialize it it should fix the problem, but it will erase all the stored data. If you already have backed up your info onto Win95, you can just re-upload it after the initialization and it will be fine. On the other hand, if you haven't backed up your data, you might have to initialize it and you will have to reenter all the programmed data.

Good Luck

DS49

Pro 95

I can't get it to Initialize at all. This Is The Message that stays on the screen...*CLONE MODE* UP TO SEND,REMOVE CABLE TO EXIT. I have no cable attached.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Hmm I don't know if this will help but try taking the batteries out and putting them back in.

DS49

Pro 95

Thank you all for your help. I tried everything with this 95. I will see if Radio Shack can repair this.

DS49

RE-Pro 95

When I press UP...the screen says confirm send data? 1=YES Press Other KEY FOR NO.

When I press Yes, The Scanner goes into clone mode Sending Data With Boxes rolling on the bottom. The only thing is I have no cable attached. This is strange.

DS49

Re-95

After the rolling boes stop it goes back to the cole mode again. It says take out cable to exit. No cable attached.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Were you pushing these buttons when you have the cable plugged in and running Win95? If so, you need to know that you DO NOT push any buttons on the radio when using Win95. Maybe try it again if thats what you were doing.

DS49

Re-95

No, I wasn't pushing any buttons with the cable in. I taken the cable and was trying to reset the radio.

DS49

Re-pro 95

I want to thank everyone that tried to help me with this Pro 95 problem. I will take it to Radio Shack for repair.

Have a good day all.

amusement

DS49 said:
I want to thank everyone that tried to help me with this Pro 95 problem. I will take it to Radio Shack for repair.

Have a good day all.

I suspect a diode has failed on the GRE logic board. Cost to fix this problem will be $49.95 + 5.00 for the diode. At least Radio Shack will clean the contacts and make adjustements that "might" make your PRO95 more sensitive than the manufacture did.

DS49

Re-PR 95

I already sent the pro 95 out to get fixed. Radio Shack said it would be around $50.00

It will be well worth it. I only paid $30.00 for it.

Wow!!! This Is A Great forum board. Everyone on here is nice and helpfull.

Thank you all.
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.