Pro-96 CSP Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethanhunt134

Hello
I just purchased a Pro-96 and i have it prorgamed for Connecticut State Police. I just have the freq in there and its on Motorola mode. Sometimes it is clear and i can hear the voice but some of the freq are weird sounding ( its not a voice it just a constant sound kinda weird to explain) and sometimes the normal freq dont come in good enought that i can understand them. Do i need to enter any other info into the scanner other than the freq. Is there somethign i can do to make it better. Heres the info on CSP.
Motorola Type II SmartZone
APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive
Any Other Info is in the data base.

Can Anyone Help Me Out? Thanks Very Much

Chuck

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Chuck, welcome to the Forum. Those in Connecticut can be of better assistance on some issues so you may want to post you question in that forum.

However, in the database for the CSP you will find in the talkgroup section listings similar to these.
Code:
0  	000  	E  	121 ESU S  	Emergency Services Unit Secure 
32048  	7d3  	D  	116 SNTF 1  	Statewide Narcotics Task Force 1
The third column is a broadcast mode and the E stands for encrypted. Those coms will sound distorted and cannot be heard with any intelligence. No scanner can hear them. D mode is normal digital decoding and can normally be heard will unless your signal is weak.

If you do not have the bank which your CSP CC is in set to Motorola Trunk mode, you will have noise problems also. Check this by pressing PGM -> TRUNK and verify that line 3 on the display indicates MOT:

One more point, RS has recently released a DSP-App upgrade for this scanner. This upgrade has helped some decoding of systems similar to the CSP system. To check yours, turn the scanner on and during the *Welcome display*, press 3. The DSP-App is the second grouping on the display. An upgrade would display U1.3. If yours is F1.2, reply with that info and I'll direct you to the location for the upgrade. You will need a PC/IF cable to accomplish this.

scosgt

Csp

I just drove thru almost the entire state today. PRO-96 works great, did not detect any encrypted trans at all. They do have multi towers, but it appears that the towers simulcast (not up there enough to really zero in on that, but in the Hartford area 4 different control channels could be observed at the same time by pressing the manual button).

ethanhunt134

Thank You All Very Much For All Of Your Help!!!!! Oh I Upgraded to 1.3 When I got Home Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.