PRO-96 Scanner Help for MPD

Status
Not open for further replies.

haveblue999

I just bought the PRO-96 and am brand new to trunking/scanning. The V-folder preset for DCFD/MPD don't work -all I recive is electronic garble. I'd like to program my PRO-96 so as to recieve MPD transmissions. I see the frequencies for MPD in the TRS database, but cannot seem to program the PRO-96 correctly. Would someone please try and talk me though the process from start to finish? Please keep in mind that I'm a novice user, and am unsure how talk-groups, etc work. Thanks.

jack22182

MPD converted from a conventional system to a trunking system after the preloaded data was developed.

You can search the Washington DC forum and the TRS database here for instructions how to program it, but if you are a newbie the easiest thing for you to do would be to get Win96 from www.starrsoft.com and a programming cable and squirt a new program into your PRO-96.

See this thread for some sample files that contain the full MPD system program.

Enjoy!

jack22182

Also, since you're in Fairfax we are pretty close - if you want to meet up somewhere over the weekend I can show you or transfer from my PRO-96 to yours!

haveblue999

Meet to setup the Pro-96

I would definitely like to meet for your assistance. I bought the cable today from R.S, and downloaded the eval copy of Win96, so I'm at the starting point. If you would email me at haveblue9999@eudoramail.com, I'm free all weekend to meet. Thanks again for your help, I appreciate you taking the time.

Starion

Hi haveblue999, good luck with your Pro-96! I am thinking of buying one when I have money. :)

Are you able to hear the Washington, D.C. and Fairfax County TRS without too much trouble? What other services do you monitor with that scanner? I hope we can talk about the scanner via the message board or e-mail.

Take care!

tenley

mpd help

I am having the same problem programing. I am new to this type scanner. I have installed
Win96. I need to find fleet map, tag and any other info to get this thing running. My big problem is that I can't listen to one district without interference from other districts.
Help! dc.peteg

Status
Not open for further replies.