PRO197 Changing Scan List

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcteddyb

Premium Subscriber
This will seem like a silly question... but... How do you change from one scan list to another and have it stay on the second scanlist. We have several scan lists built and loaded (from ARC500) and when we try to go from say list 4 to list 5 it just turns them off or on and/or it does not go and stay on scan list 5. How do we listen to a specific scan list and switch between scan lists? Any help is appreciated

W6KRU

To turn scan lists on, press the number key assigned to the list. To turn the scan list off just press the number key again. For double digit scan lists you use the function key followed by the second digit. Example: 13 would be function 3.

pcteddyb

Premium Subscriber
Thanks - we had figured out this part. But how do we listen to a specific scan list and then change to listen to a different scan list?

sjlamb

Sounds like he wants to be able to "HOLD" on a particular scanlist without having to deactivate (turn off) as many as 19 other scanlists. A very nice feature on the Unidens.

W6KRU

Sounds like he wants to be able to "HOLD" on a particular scanlist without having to deactivate (turn off) as many as 19 other scanlists. A very nice feature on the Unidens.

Not exactly! Unidens don't have scanlists so I assume you are talking about holding on a system which is only useful if everything you want to listen to is on the same system. A scanlist can be TGs on multiple systems, conventional frequencies, searches and sweeps.

sjlamb

Not exactly! Unidens don't have scanlists so I assume you are talking about holding on a system which is only useful if everything you want to listen to is on the same system. A scanlist can be TGs on multiple systems, conventional frequencies, searches and sweeps.

I didn't say or suggest that they were the "exactly" the same thing. But if it gives you a chubby... I'll re-phrase by saying that it sounds as if he would like "HOLD" on a scanlist... just as you can "HOLD" on a system on the Uniden models.... a particuarly nice and useful feature.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.