Pro97 Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevej1221

Is there a history of problems with the pro97 display screwing up? wheni scan it seems to blink when it changes banks and on limit search i get random shaddows moving on the display that are not ment to be there. i just wonder if i need to take it back to RS now or if it is normal for it to do this and won't hurt anything. thanks.

Docster911

Mine seems to do this when the batteries become weak. At least when I put in new batteries the flashing stops. I eventually put in the rechargeables (nimh) and the problem went away.. (yes.... I am using the yellow carriage!!)

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Well the low battery is where the display will turn on and off completely. This isn't what I would call a "blink".

The underscore will "blink" under a bank number it is scanning.

Where do you see the shadows, and does it only occur while scanning a particular bank, or near a high RF field?

scanall

I have a 97 I bought a month ago I dont notice anything wrong with the display .It also came in a box. Not the blister pack.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
scanall said:
I have a 97 I bought a month ago I dont notice anything wrong with the display .It also came in a box. Not the blister pack.

Interesting that it came in a box. Did you get it at your local RadioShack?

rpowley

Mine has a slight blink when Pri is on.....Don't think it's anything to be concerned about.
DaveIN said:
Interesting that it came in a box. Did you get it at your local RadioShack?
Pick one up last month and it came in a nicely packaged box, like the 96's. Much better that the clear pack.

intrepid97

When you have PRIORIITY on it blinks because it is checking the priority channel as it is designed to do :)

scanall

The pro 97 can be damaged in shipping before it gets to your local RS if its not packaged in a box. Thats a comon knowlege thing.

jeffrey420

scanall said:
The pro 97 can be damaged in shipping before it gets to your local RS if its not packaged in a box. Thats a comon knowlege thing.

The first one I got had a bubble between the crystal and the LCD. Took it back and got a differant one. Couldn't see that doing anything but getting worse.

Both were in blister packs.

Status
Not open for further replies.