Probably a basic BCT15X question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phigment

Premium Subscriber
I just got my first scanner (BCT15X) and for the life of me no matter how much I read and search I cannot figure out how to get the scanner to NOT scan the default state frequencies it has preinstalled (NJ for me). I have programmed a dozen local towns and I only want to scan them but I continually get it hitting on random NJ frequencies. Your help is much appreciated as this driving me nuts.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Highpockets

I just got my first scanner (BCT15X) and for the life of me no matter how much I read and search I cannot figure out how to get the scanner to NOT scan the default state frequencies it has preinstalled (NJ for me). I have programmed a dozen local towns and I only want to scan them but I continually get it hitting on random NJ frequencies. Your help is much appreciated as this driving me nuts.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Read this thread, I think this is what your talking about:

http://forums.radioreference.com/un...-deleting-factory-programmed-frequencies.html

K7CAR

I bet your 15X made gawd awful banshee screams when you first turned it on too.! You must have figured out how to turn the Alert off. Notice the cute little bear paw next to the HP button (right side upper corner of the display screen) Keep pushing that button and it will turn on Highway Patrol, then Bear Tracker (gawd awful screech) both on and then all off. Your upper left knob mutes the gawd awful alert, so start pushing that till it stops.

I suppose there is a reason for the gawd awful alert that you can't turn down, but I have yet to figure it out. I think is has something to do with bears (cops) from the old days of scanning when scanners were simple to operate. I think it's time to retire that notion and get rid of the cute stuff. There's nothing cute about this scanner and you will soon learn to either love it or hate it......depending on how much time you care to invest.

SCPD

QRT
I bet your 15X made gawd awful banshee screams when you first turned it on too.! You must have figured out how to turn the Alert off. Notice the cute little bear paw next to the HP button (right side upper corner of the display screen) Keep pushing that button and it will turn on Highway Patrol, then Bear Tracker (gawd awful screech) both on and then all off. Your upper left knob mutes the gawd awful alert, so start pushing that till it stops.

I suppose there is a reason for the gawd awful alert that you can't turn down, but I have yet to figure it out. I think is has something to do with bears (cops) from the old days of scanning when scanners were simple to operate. I think it's time to retire that notion and get rid of the cute stuff. There's nothing cute about this scanner and you will soon learn to either love it or hate it......depending on how much time you care to invest.

Menu -> Set Bear Tracker -> Set Alert -> Set Alert Tone ->
Set Tone -> Select Off to Alert 9 ->E/Yes -> Set Level Auto to Level 15.

For some reason the guys at Uniden thought Level 15 should be the default.

K7CAR

I have it off, was the first thing I did when it started up. Just started to push buttons and it went off. So what you are saying there is a way to adjust the sound down? I don't even want to mess with that as I don't need the gawd awful screeching coming on. I suppose if I lived some where they had twisters or gawd awful events I would learn about it. If I die I want to go peacefully!.......:)

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
While the 15 and 15X can be used as a base these radios are mainly sold to be installed mobile for people who are on the road in the trucking, business, and public safety officials. We scanner nuts are not the target market, so the defaults are setup a little differently. When used at home I do just as K7CAR does and just turn the alert feature off, but I don't care to die with my boots on :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.