SDS100/SDS200: Problem Reading MicroCard

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonya

Premium Subscriber
For the 1st time I'm not able to get my sds100 to read on the computer. I plug in the cable and it makes a noise on the computer but nothing shows up on the screen When i put the MicoCard into an adapter then into the computer it works fine. Bad Cable? Any Thoughts

donc13

Premium Subscriber
Since you indicated it used to work and now doesn't could very well be a bad cable and/or connector. It also could be a flakey SD card

I presume you know how to put the radio into mass storage mode as @buddrousa mentioned.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Try using a different usb port with the cable. If that works, then the diver installed on the other port may need to be flushed.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
When you connect your scanner to your computer via cable, do you see a message asking to "Use Mass Storage, hit eYes"? If so, do you hit eYes?

Next, with the scanner connected, use your windows explorer and see a USB Drive where your hard drives, etc. are displayed. If you single left mouse click on that, do you see something like a file folder with BCDx36HP? If you see that, it is successfully connected.

If you do not see that, there are many issues why not:

Bad cable
Bad connector on the scanner
Bad USB port
USB Port Conflicts

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
I have had to replace the USB jack on a couple of these radios - a 436 and a 100.
The contacts got bent somehow and on one, the plastic 'surround' of the USB plug was damaged.

Take a magnifying glass and look carefully at the jack.
Are all the contacts where they should be and the plug itself intact?
I'll bet this is your problem and it needs to go to Uniden for repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.