problems programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

hounds343

Premium Subscriber
i have a pro 197 , and i have problems programming , i can get some of the conversation and when someone else comes back on it sounds like they are talkin japanese, lol , im in western colorado in montrose county , and i have the repeator sites programed in and i here some things fine but seems to be some channels that are scrammbled , how do i fix this so i can understand what they are sayin , plz help me im new to all this new teqnology,

N8IAA

I'm going to try and help you. First, make sure that you don't have a Wildcard TG programmed into the scanlist. This will let any of the encrypted, garbled TGs through. Either do a FUNC, LOUT button push, or, delete that TG entirely. Make sure that you have the strongest CC's programmed to hear your county and what ever state agencies you wish to monitor. Either delete the others, or, if you have more than one scanlist enabled. Disable those that you don't need. Even with this great scanner, it will not always decode the transmitted signal completely. Even I will get garbled, or, what the dispatch says about the bad signal--you've gone digital. It just means that the signal wasn't strong enough to be heard.
I am going to suggest that you purchase the RS USB programming cable: part# 20-047, and get the free 30 day trial of Win500 at: Software for RadioShack PRO-series (PRO-92, 93, 95, 96, 97, 99, 163, 164, 106, 197) and GRE PSR-series (PSR-500, 600, 300, 400) scanners and a premium subsription to RR. It will allow you to import only what you want to hear into the software and then upload it to the scanner. A much easier and faster way to make changes to the scanner. I have used Don Starr's programs for over 5 years and never been disappointed. Seeing how it is in the software, makes understanding this high learning curve scanner a lot more fun:) I have had my 106 for over a year and wouldn't be without it.
HTH,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.