Problems with Ft Bend Freq!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

firelt007

Is anyone else having problems with hearing Missouri City FD, SLFD and Stafford FD?? Started having a problem last week...Can anyone tell me if the freq's changed or anything?? Thanks

Steven

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Is anyone else having problems with hearing Missouri City FD, SLFD and Stafford FD?? Started having a problem last week...Can anyone tell me if the freq's changed or anything?? Thanks

Steven
Steven, welcome to the Texas Forum

I presume you are referring to the analog TxWARN system, right? This one:
Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Motorola Trunking System, Metro Houston area, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

The Missouri City site has been rebanded so, yes, the frequencies have changed. While the Richmond site does not show as updated yet, I suspect it either has been (and just not submitted to the database yet), or will be updated very shortly.

To monitor the system after rebanding, you will need a rebanding-capable scanner. Besides entering the new frequencies, you will also need to enter the correct tables, and set the scanner to use them. That procedure is not hard, but will vary depending on the model of scanner you have. Some of the older scanners, such as the Pro-97 and Pro-95 cannot be set for rebanded systems and will no longer work.

More on rebanding can be found here. Scroll down on that page for additional resources as to whether your scanner will work, and if it will, what needs to be done to make that happen.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber

firelt007

Thanks, what scanner would you recommend for this new banding? Not to expensive and a base model.

Thanks
Steven

FlashSWT

Thanks, what scanner would you recommend for this new banding? Not to expensive and a base model.

Thanks
Steven

The BCT15X would be the most recent analog Uniden base model that would track the rebanded system.
BCT15X - The RadioReference Wiki

The long term problem is that eventually everyone on the TxWARN system will be switching to digital (requiring an expensive scanner) and the system will support Phase II which isn't available on most scanners yet.

If you want to think about saving for the future you might want to look for any used scanner on this list to get you through for a little while:
Category:Rebanding Supported Scanners - The RadioReference Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.