BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Problems with N9600 conventional? NXDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
I believe that helped. Of course, the NX9600 department is quite this afternoon...

Does NX9600 trunked need to be changed as well, or is it just an issue with conventional?

I had to change all 9600 trunks and conventional channels. It was the trunk system I was playing with at first.

VA3DBJ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

frazpo

Retracting my previous statement last night. I've seen this several times today now.

Holding on conventional channel.
When it doesn't decode, the signal bars don't even show anything. When it does, they go full.

Yes. The scanner acted as if there wasn't even a signal there.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I would recommend setting modulation to NFM rather than FM or Auto. I've had good results with Auto threshold, but the best setting varies from site to site. Activate the Func-Vol info screen while threshold is set to Auto, and watch the system to see what threshold value corresponds to the lowest decode error. Then set that value manually.

frazpo

I would recommend setting modulation to NFM rather than FM or Auto. I've had good results with Auto threshold, but the best setting varies from site to site. Activate the Func-Vol info screen while threshold is set to Auto, and watch the system to see what threshold value corresponds to the lowest decode error. Then set that value manually.

It just showed 18 as the ERR value as it was receiving. I will mess with that. I am just puzzled as to why it seems like it isn't even receiving ANY signal when there is one. Nothing on the RF indicator.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
ERR 18 is the decode error rate, not the threshold value.

frazpo

ERR 18 is the decode error rate, not the threshold value.

Ok, yes I see what you mean. Been awhile since I’ve messed why that. Ended up at 13. It does seem to do better once I changed to FM. It’s a weird deal. This wasn’t a case of a few missed transmissions. The trx would be booming away while the 436 sat and scanned away. Then for no apparent reason it will start receiving. Like I said the n48 trunk is working fabulous on the 436. Something up with N96 conventional it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vocoder

Frazpo, i am having the exact same problem on the exact same type nxdn system.
Squelch and modulation settings seem to affect the system decoding in different ways
Try different settings for those and let me know what you think
Strange, fm setting does seem to help some

My other nxdn systems work just fine

frazpo

Frazpo, i am having the exact same problem on the exact same type nxdn system.
Squelch and modulation settings seem to affect the system decoding in different ways
Try different settings for those and let me know what you think
Strange, fm setting does seem to help some

My other nxdn systems work just fine

Thank goodness someone else is seeing this. Maybe Upman will chime in.
I have experimented quite a bit. In your situation will it have times it receives perfect and then for no apparent reason misses way more traffic then it should be??

vocoder

Yes
That is why your post caught my eye

When and what it decodes is good

It seems to ignore the other data, i believe it xmits gps coords of the mo units too

Last edited:

frazpo

Yes

That is why your post caught my eye

When and what it decodes is good

Exactly! Not a decode problem at all. Sounds awesome, when it decides to receive it. Do you know what type of system this would be? Conventional but with frequencies that simulcast? Whatever it is the 436 doesn’t like it.

Voyager

Is it a NX96 system by chance?

I just came across a NX96 CB simulcastimg the exact same traffic
On another NX96 CB they both share the same RAN. There have been croup calls. Tg calls and encrptyed calls all on the same CB. The 436 demods the traffic just fine but is a most curious setup.

If you're seeing TGs on a conventional channel, program it as a OFT NXDN system.

It almost sounds like there is a OFT system and a conventional system on the same frequency.

vocoder

Cb 9600 vhf
Crazy thing is, they have 2 xmtr towers within 10 miles of each other

It works best set in digital mode, dont matter if i set ran or not

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.