Program file from BCD996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudhog13

I have all my systems step up by Troop. Locals and Fire depts separate MSP on another system. CoMIRS on another...

You can use a program like ProScan to program both scanners

ProScan runs as a 30 day fully functional trial

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I bought proscan... Would it recognize my old system file and I could just modify it from there?

First, if you're using ProScan for the BCD996P2 and BCD536HP then you want to run two instances of ProScan. Each instance needs to be in a different folder.

Yes. The very basic basic steps to import a BCD996P2 file into the BCD536HP Favorites Editor are:
1. Use the BCD536HP instance of ProScan.
2. Open the Favorites Editor.
3. Click on menu File -> Import ProScan DMA ...
4. Choose the BCD996P2 file then click the Open button.
5. Uncheck any systems that you don't want to import.
6. Click the Import button.
7. Choose the Favorite that you want the systems to import to or type in a new Favorites list.
8. Click the OK button.
9. Close the Window.

K7MFC

WRAA720
I'm a new ProScan user and just want to clarify if separate folders/instances of ProScan are always required for each individual scanner model. I have a 996P2 and a 325P2, and was previously using FreeScan to program each radio, and I was able to use the same file and app instance for each. When using ProScan, should I create two separate copies of the application folder, one each for the 996P2 and 325P2? Or does the separate app instances only apply when using it for XT/P2/HP scanners? Can I use the same database file to program the 996P2 and 325P2, or would each radio need its own database file?

btw - I'm really liking ProScan, great application and I appreciate the work you've put into it. Great value for the money.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm a new ProScan user and just want to clarify if separate folders/instances of ProScan are always required for each individual scanner model. I have a 996P2 and a 325P2, and was previously using FreeScan to program each radio, and I was able to use the same file and app instance for each. When using ProScan, should I create two separate copies of the application folder, one each for the 996P2 and 325P2? Or does the separate app instances only apply when using it for XT/P2/HP scanners? Can I use the same database file to program the 996P2 and 325P2, or would each radio need its own database file?

btw - I'm really liking ProScan, great application and I appreciate the work you've put into it. Great value for the money.

Yes, each scanner (same or different types) needs to be in separate folders/instances. That way the config files, logging files, grid data files, etc. are all unique to the instances and not shared.

These scanners; BC346XT, BC346XTC, BCD396XT, BCD996XT, BCT15X, BCD325P2, BCD996P2 uses the same exact scanner protocol data structure so the files can be used interchangeably. If a database file could not be opened such as a BCD996T database file then a message will appear "Can Not Open This Database File... Database Appears To Be For Another Scanner Type.

K7MFC

WRAA720
Thanks for the fast reply, I've set up my computer to have the separate application folders for each radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.