- Joined
- Jan 5, 2003
- Messages
- 15,018
- Reaction score
- 10,889
- Location
- Retired 40 Year Firefighter NW Tenn
Then you never saved anything to the V Folders
There are 2 types of resets. Resetting to the Factory Default erases everything including frequencies and data you programmed. It will be just as it came from the factory. To do this reset start the scanner & at the welcome screen press 0, then press 1. The screen will say:
Factory Init
Erase Memory
ENTER if APPROVE
CLEAR to EXIT
The 2nd type of reset is the Global Parameters factory default and will NOT erase your programmed data. As quoted from the manual:
"This procedure preserves the information
you stored in the scanner’s working memory,
while resetting all global radio parameters
to factory defaults. V-Scanner memory is not
affected by this operation.
To do this reset you press 0, then 2. The screen will show:
Init GLOB data
To factory state
ENTER if APPROVE
CLEAR to EXIT
I never programed it in the first place. It was done by radio shack..Then you never saved anything to the V Folders
FXDSCON....i am the different color W
Setting up mine was very simple. I had the cable and paid for the software, I had some help at first, but after that it was easy.Now if I buy that cable. Will that software download on to the scanner without me fooling around?? All I want out of this is St Louis County in Minnesota..
Roflmaoi am a different guy.
the color of the box with the W.
On that second one after pressing 0 an3 it says nothing is enabled..
There is a slight chance that Radio Shack may have saved the working memory of your scanner to one of the V-Scanner Folders when they programmed it. The V-Scanner folders are not destroyed even when you do a reset. I would try loading the 00 and 01 folders to see if the original programming is still there. If so, your scanner would be back to normal. Please let me know if you need any help on how to do it.
There is a slight chance that Radio Shack may have saved the working memory of your scanner to one of the V-Scanner Folders when they programmed it. The V-Scanner folders are not destroyed even when you do a reset. I would try loading the 00 and 01 folders to see if the original programming is still there. If so, your scanner would be back to normal. Please let me know if you need any help on how to do it.
There is a slight chance that Radio Shack may have saved the working memory of your scanner to one of the V-Scanner Folders when they programmed it. The V-Scanner folders are not destroyed even when you do a reset. I would try loading the 00 and 01 folders to see if the original programming is still there. If so, your scanner would be back to normal. Please let me know if you need any help on how to do it.