programmers???

Status
Not open for further replies.

landonjensen

Is there anyone on here that is capable of programming a HT1000 to recieve public safety frequencies as RX only?

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
I'm capable of programming the HT1000's ... but I'm not sure if I'd feel comfortable programming it on PS freq's.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
If you have software or someone can program it yes it will RX only if you like it that way. That radio has many options I hear even Fire Tone Out! Software is not cheap though.. I would be careful if you put RX in it.. If someone ask me I wouldn't do it beacuse it would came back to the person who programs it and I wouldn't feel safe..

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
HT1000's don't have a fire-tone out ... And thats why I told him I'm uncomfortable with programming on PS freq's. Actually even if he went to a radioshop, they wouldn't program that radio on PS freq's, you need to be licensed on a frequency to use it (if its other then a public frequncy).

landonjensen

gatekeep said:
HT1000's don't have a fire-tone out ... And thats why I told him I'm uncomfortable with programming on PS freq's. Actually even if he went to a radioshop, they wouldn't program that radio on PS freq's, you need to be licensed on a frequency to use it (if its other then a public frequncy).

Oh man, i got excited, i thought they had fire tones out. darnit

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Forgot to say QCII is the FTO. It does have fire tone out just have to have the right tone reed. You can have it set up where you can have it just page the station you want or have the channel open and hear everything and the FD gets a page it will go off on qcII. Here is the site http://www.genave.com/mot_quick_call_2.htm by the way no radio shop will program your radio unless you are a ham opreator or public safety. Oh ya if you set up FTO make sure its on Priortiy or sitting on that channel if not it will not go off

Last edited:

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
... BAH! Your right...I'm just half-asleep right now...2:27am! Infact, that was the site I couldn't remeber to give landon...

RolnCode3

Why is there an issue with rx only programming? It's basically a glorified scanner at that point...what issue is there?

I've been looking at radios and wondering the same questions.

I tried searching, but the results were too vague to figure out if there's good threads with the info in them.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
If you can't find anyone closer to you, then I'd be happy to program it for you (RX only).

landonjensen

rescue161 said:
If you can't find anyone closer to you, then I'd be happy to program it for you (RX only).

well on some channels i would like to not be able to transmit, and some i want to be able to transmit (gmrs). Is this possible?

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
RolnCode3 said:
Why is there an issue with rx only programming? It's basically a glorified scanner at that point...what issue is there?

I've been looking at radios and wondering the same questions.

I tried searching, but the results were too vague to figure out if there's good threads with the info in them.

There is no "legal" issue with it. Providing the radio is programmed for receive only. I had a Motorola HT1000 programmed with police, and fire frequencies for my local county, and even showed it to one of the local sheriff's. It's no different than having a scanner radio.

KE4ASQ

landonjensen said:
Is there anyone on here that is capable of programming a HT1000 to recieve public safety frequencies as RX only?

I can program your HT1000 for you, (Recieve Only) for $1 a channel, As long as you can provide me a Ham License (verified thru FCC) or a letter on either Fire or Police Dept Letterhead with a verified name and number of the chief of police or Fire Chief stating that you can have these channels in your radio?? What is the reasons you have to need or use a HT1000?? Are you a volunteer firefighter or Just going to use it as a scanner?? Cause if you want a scanner it is a whole easier to get programming for a scanner then a HT1000. An Honest Radio Techs are a little apprehensionable about programming these freqs in to these radios, Due to some people running around with these radios acting as wannabe police or firefighters. If you are interested let me know with all your info, Name, address, phone, email address, etc.. I will keep this on file in case of any future need. Thanks.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
KE4ASQ said:
What is the reasons you have to need or use a HT1000??

He said that he wants to use it as a GMRS radio and have a couple of receive only police channels in it as well.

CommShrek

You guys are crazy if you're even considering programming something in a radio for Landon. Talk about opening yourself up for some serious liability.

Encourage the kid to get a scanner at the local Radio Shack, then if he needs to talk to other people, have him pick up a CB there as well. :)

Last edited:

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
CommShrek said:
You guys are crazy if you're even considering programming something in a radio for Landon. Talk about opening yoruself up for some serious liability.

Encourage the kid to get a scanner at the local Radio Shack, then if he needs to talk to other people, have him pick up a CB there as well. :)

If he gives me proof of a GMRS license, I see no problem programming his radio. Now if he wanted TX frequencies on anything other than GMRS, then I'd be very hesitant

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
I usually set it up for "Volume Set", but it doesn't look like the HT1000 is capable of that. The only thing I saw was for emergency operation (something that would be of no use to a receive only radio). MDC on GMRS is just plain silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.