Programmin DEC HEX code into scanner ws1080

Status
Not open for further replies.

humblegeo

Premium Subscriber
I'm real new at this, just purchased the Radio Shack pro-668 which is the same unit I believe as the Whistler ws-1080. I did the automatic programing by entering your city or zip code. Works pretty good but would like at add a group specifically for the police that patrol my neighborhood and surrounding areas. I found them in radioreference.com I THINK but they are a trunked p25 phase 2 talkgroup and the frequencies are not listed where I could program the 6 channesl into my scanner. Here is the way it's listed with DEC and HEX code.

Like I said very much a newbee.

DEC
711 2c7 D HCCO4 Disp 1 Precinct 4 - Dispatch 1 Law Dispatch
713 2c9 D HCCO4 Disp 2 Precinct 4 - Dispatch 2 East Law Dispatch
1156 484 D HCCO4 Disp 3 Precinct 4 - Dispatch 3 Law Dispatch
715 2cb D HCCO4 East Precinct 4 - East Law Talk
105 069 D HCCO4 Superv Precinct 4 - Supervisors Law Talk
717 2cd D HCCO4 Warrnt Precinct 4 - Warrants Law Tac

Are these already programmed into my scanner and if so how would I search for the objects or can I enter the DEC HEC numbers somehow?

Appreciate any help
Thanks
Larry G

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
YOU import objects/frequencies to your scan lists or playlists* from the IMPORT tab in Ezscan/I-scan. The preferred* selection on the scroll tab for your county or state is best. It's already done for you there by the RRef database. The hierarchy of trunked systems for import goes like this SYSTEM/SITES/Talk-groups ... in that order. If you can't find your P25 SYSTEM by STATE listing? check the COUNTY then look for the system.
All this hex stuff doesn't mean anything. Make sure the scanlist is turned ON. All imports go to the ONE default scan-list unless you tell it to import to a different one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.