Programming a Pro 95

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0TDL

Hi all is there any program besides Win 95 that will import Freq's and alpha tags from RR database and into pro95 scanner ? Windows 8 , i have proper programming cable

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Probably the cleanest way to go - it's still kinda sloppy, but should, in theory, work, is to get a Win96 file for your area, then use Don's free WinXX data converter to downgrade the data from a Win96 to a Win95 file

Just keep in mind that your PRO-95 won't copy digital systems - the 96 can. Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Just to round out the discussion (particularly for other Win95 users wishing to do the same) would be to use Excel to copy/paste data from the database. This is not nearly as clean, as you need to do some editing to clean up the data so that the Pro-95 will recognize it. Hopefully the Data Converter does much of this for you...

Excel Copy/Paste Special to Software - The RadioReference Wiki

Personally speaking, if Don were to contact Assaf (the author of FreeScan) and if Assaf were to give Don the code (for a fair price, natch) for EZ-Grab, it would make this process very nearly painless. I suspect that most of the Win9x software users would gladly fork over USD10 for the upgrade. But I suspect this is something of a pipe dream...and in no way am I trying to speak for either party. Just thinking out loud...

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.