Programming ALL of Safe-T into a 396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliby19

Feed Provider
Try compressing the file as a zip file by right clickng it and selecting send to > Compressed file. I don't think the RR forums will accept a .996 file.

aliby19

Feed Provider
That's odd... it should at least attach it to your message. How about this, try sending me a private message with it attached. I will also give you my email in a PM to see what I can do with the file.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Try compressing the file as a zip file by right clickng it and selecting send to > Compressed file. I don't think the RR forums will accept a .996 file.
You are correct...it has to be a compressed .zip file Mine is on here and I had to attach it as compressed.

whitesox4life

Wirelessly posted (LGE-VX9100/1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

pm checked...not able to send even via email...have tried accessing file using different computer with FreeScan and still same error

aliby19

Feed Provider
Wirelessly posted (LGE-VX9100/1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

pm checked...not able to send even via email...have tried accessing file using different computer with FreeScan and still same error

I hate to say this, but I don't see how you are not able to send it via email. I've sent and received FreeScan files to and from multiple people before. Again, not to be rude, but it seems that with the amount of time it's taken and the computer issues/errors, that the FreeScan file never existed in the first place. I hope this is not the case and would love for you to prove me wrong. If I can help in any way, shape, or form, please let me know. I would be glad to (which is why I was hoping to take a look at a copy of your FreeScan file, even if it is corrupt, so that I may be able to fix or salvage it).

Did you actually send this programming file to your scanner? If so, you might be able to pull it off of there...

I have a Safe-T Freescan file for 396XT/996XT users. I have broke it down into systems by Indiana Department of Homeland Security (IDHS) districts. From there, each county has its own group and then there is a group for Indiana State Police, Mutual Aid, and Statewide talkgroups. However, I do not believe that the file has GPS coordinates. I will see and put it up here if people would like...

mckeeb

Trying to revive a DEAD thread...

Hey all, I guess we never did get a freescan file eh? I'm not a real heavy user of my scanner, so I've not updated it for awhile. But, I just ordered a garmin gps 18x for my 396XT, and it should be here in a few days! I'm thinking using GPS to enable/disable sites will be SWEET. So far, I've done all programming manually using ez-grab and freescan. For my local spot (Lawrence County), it's not too hard to keep updated, but for the GPS, lots of sites need to be updated with GPS coords. I should probably become a premium user. Anyway, I was wondering, aliby19 , if you had a file you could share? I notice you monitor Monroe County mainly...so your file should be close to what I'd want for myself. I was hoping to have whitesox4life 's file by now. Anyone else in this area care to share how they have indiana safe-t and conventional programmed? I'd appreciate it. I can share my file if anyone wants to peek, but you will have to tell me how, ha!

ALSO, if anybody has the Fire Tone Outs for Lawrence or Monroe county, that would be cool. As I said above, I'm not a heavy user, and haven't waited to get the tones as they happen.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

aliby19

Feed Provider
mckeeb,

Here's a link to the Monroe County fire and ambulance tones: Monroe County (IN) - The RadioReference Wiki

As for the FreeScan file, I do have a file that covers the entire state. I've broken it up into the 10 homeland security districts. Each Homeland Security District is its own system quick key. I then tried to assign each county to a group. However, in some of the districts there were more than 10 counties, so when that happened I assigned neighboring counties to the same group quick key. I also assigned a group quick key to the Indiana State Police (8), a GQK to statewide channels (9), and a GQK to mutual aid channels (0).

I've tried to come up with a better way but I'm not sure yet how to do so. FYI, I have only added in Monroe and Lawrence county conventional (VHF/UHF) channels. No other counties/cities have been added in.

I've attached my file.

Attachments

• Safe-T IDHS Districts.996.zip
    63.3 KB · Views: 72

mckeeb

Cool! Thanks for the file and info aliby19! I'll try to take a look at it this weekend. I wish whitesox4life replied that fast! Hope the file has GPS info, that's going to be my new project. Figuring out the range. I like the idea of the site's actual signal range for our area. Unless I locked out bloomington talk groups, i would still hear some traffic (mostly 53 MCS DISP) on the Bedford towers. I guess it's a personal tweak though of when you would want it to activate. I miss hearing Bedford PD...stupid encryption. Thanks again!

- Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.