Programming an IP Site Connect System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I am attempting to program a suspected IP Site Connect DMR System (WQYL266 (BRYAN, CITY OF - UTILITIES) FCC Callsign Details). How would I program this system? It seems to (sort of) work fine if I program it in as a single-frequency system, but there are multiple frequencies in each site. I tried to program it as a Capacity Plus system, but I couldn't identify any LCNs. My knowledge about these systems is pretty limited, so any help would be appreciated.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I think typically an IP Site connect system is a single channel at different locations that has the repeater linked via internet or microwave to other sites. These are usually conventional channels that link a specific talk group to another location.
Capacity Plus and Connect Plus can also do this but they are trunking systems first that connect the same way.
Basically when programming IP site connect would be conventional and Capacity and Connect plus would be programmed in as trunking and you do need the LCN.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
What's throwing me off is that three of the frequencies at one site (Sandy Point Road) are sending data bursts that are more in line with a CAP+ system.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Its possible they could have a repeater feature turned on (or portable keying up to get RSSI) that allows them to use the single site as a roaming feature, if they have multiple sites in a wide area.
I want to say i read somewhere that a conventional DMR channel can do that. Its like a beacon that allows the receiving radio to be able to monitor the signal strength and be able to roam.
But im not 100 percent sure. sorry i wish i could be of more help.
Perhaps instead of programming in all the sites, focus on the 1 site closest to you and program in those frequencies as conventional DMR. Then see if you notice the TG rotating between different slots and frequencies. If so then they are trunking.
If the TG and Slot number never chance its safe to assume its conventional.
Then branch out and test other sites the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.