programming chptg

Status
Not open for further replies.

timjanus

Can somebody tell me why I can't get the CherryHill Police T.G. I programed the 5 channels in order EDACS [ED] and then hit enter and then PROG F and enter again.Thanks

DJ88

According to the database here, the voice on the Cherry Hill System is Pro Voice and analog. If the police are using Pro Voice, you won't be able to monitor them because there is no scanner on the market that can decode Pro Voice. Someone familiar with the system may be able to elaborate.

Danny6569

cherry hill

You might have done something wrong when programming it ? because i can hear cherry hill all the time, they dont use the pro voice too much except on channel 4, you have to make sure when you set the edacs system up when you start it as a wide standard system, then after that right after you put each frequency in, you have to also make sure youre putting in the lcn numbers too, you do that with each frequency right after entering it, if you look in rr you will see the lcn numbers next to the frequencies such as 01 to 05 try all this first and then enter the tgids and see what happens Danny...

Danny6569

cherry hill

sorry to keep posting more but i forgot to ask you ? did you ever just try and just use either freescan or arc software to upload the system ? i used to program my scanners manually, if you do that it would probly be a lot easier and faster, just make sure you buy a paid membership to rr or you wont be able to use it, i think you can get one for either 6 months or a year.

timjanus

programming a pro 528

Danny thank you for your answer howerever I still not getting to much talk.how and where to you program the Icn numbers. I put in the T.G. [ AFS numbers] under Prog ID is this right. I have not tried free scan arc software.

Danny6569

cherry hill

im not sure how to program a 528, maybe it puts the lcn numbers in automatically im not sure? im using the 396 xt here, and for that radio if you program it manually, you have to put each lcn number in right after each frequency for an edacs system, so im not sure whats going on with youre scanner ?

Danny6569

cherry hill

i just found the instruction manual on that radio and i read it a little bit it does say you have to put lcn numbers in and all, here i will copy and paste it in here, For EDACS (Ed) and LTR systems,
you must enter the frequencies
in logical channel number (LCN)
order. but maybe this isnt the problem ? are you sure you dont have the control channel locked out? and also make sure you have youre group quick key or bank key on also for the talk group ids.

Status
Not open for further replies.