Programming FT 60

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickNick

I just purchased the FT 60. Quite the radio. I had heard that you can download frequencies locally via your computer. Does anyone know anything about this? Nick

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Unfortunately there are no ham radios that are compatible with the RR Web service (would be an interesting capability, though). However that being said, what you can do with a premium subscription is to download .csv based data that you can use FT60 Commander to load. Likely as not you would need to rearrange the columns to fit what the software expects, but it's better than nothing. Here is the link for FT60 Commander...

Jim Mitchell - KC8UNJ

and you can find out about getting a premium subscription by going to the toolbar on the upper right under the Scanner Master ad, float your mouse over About then make your selection via the pulldown

73 Mike

cpuerror

Actually Ice Comm will program the Icom IC-7000 using the web service. Unfortunately it won't help the OP with the FT-60.

SlickNick

Programming, manuals.

Being new to this, I was wondering if there are any classes upcoming where a newbie could get some advice or help. Im the first to admit that manuals are not my expertise. This is a bit nerve wracking. Thanks, Nick

Bill_White

Being new to this, I was wondering if there are any classes upcoming where a newbie could get some advice or help.
Im the first to admit that manuals are not my expertise. This is a bit nerve wracking. Thanks, Nick

Where did you take your test??
I took mine, three so far, at RIT sponsored by RARA…
Your HOME at RaRa - The Rochester Amateur Radio Association - Producer of the Rochester Hamfest
BTW, testing is still FREE there..
After successfully completing an exam, along with my CSCE,
I was handed an envelope which included an application for membership and a copy of the current newsletter.

I just purchased the FT 60. Quite the radio. I had heard that you can download frequencies locally via your computer.
Does anyone know anything about this? Nick

Back to the original question..
Assuming you seek local amateur radio repeaters….
The ARRL offers the TravelPlus CD ROM, available with pocket size repeater directory,
which can export data that may be imported into programming software.
ARRLWeb: ARRL Product Catalog

davedaver1

Premium Subscriber
I just purchased the FT 60. Quite the radio. I had heard that you can download frequencies locally via your computer. Does anyone know anything about this? Nick

I just wanted to note that though it's not free (it's cheap), Bob Freeth's programmer is really good.

G4HFQ Software - FTB60 Details

I appreciate it for the fact that I can also use his programs for my other Yaesu radios (and I wish he would write for Icoms too!).

Don't forget you'll need a special cable for your radio. There are plans to be found to make them, or you can buy them. eBay is a good source, among others. Another bit of advice - get the Nifty reference card for your radio and keep it in your wallet. It will help loads when you want to program something in by hand or forget some function you want to use. (Google "nifty ft-60r" and you should find them. They have been a lifesaver for running these very modern radios!

Don't let the complexity of things wear you down. It's easy to get frustrated - hang in there!

Good luck!

Last edited:

N1BHH

I can say the KC8UNJ software, the FT60 Commander is the best. I have used the ADMS-1J but it had problems with interpreting frequencies I had in the radio. Go with the Commander and you'll love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.