• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Programming i-Calls into a Jaguar 700P

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROOFLIFECO

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if it is possible to program i-Calls (individual station alerts) into a M/A Com Jaguar 700P?

If you view this link here : http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=3235

You will notice under "Misc System Information" that there are individual calls for each station.

Can this be programmed as a group or system in one of these radios?

Thanks

Thayne

They can only be entered individually, so No to being a group.

Edit: Sorry I misunderstood you; (since I didn't read the link--duh) I assumed you meant all possible LID's , not a short list

Last edited:

EDACSTECH

ROOFLIFECO said:
Does anyone know if it is possible to program i-Calls (individual station alerts) into a M/A Com Jaguar 700P?

If you view this link here : http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=3235

You will notice under "Misc System Information" that there are individual calls for each station.

Can this be programmed as a group or system in one of these radios?

Thanks

ICALLS can be pre-programmed into the 700P radio with no problem. You program you I-CALL list within a system just as you program your group list within a system.

ROOFLIFECO

Premium Subscriber
How do you do that in programmer V18 though? Those do not look like normal talkgroups.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
EDACSTECH seems to be talking about making and receiving i-calls on the system as a user of the system would. You appear to be wanting to receive i-calls as a scannist would. The only way to do what you are wanting to do is to program your radio with the same LID as one of the stations, but you will only be able to listen to the i-calls going to the stations one at a time. You could program those stations' LIDs in separate systems and listen to a station one at a time.

You're better off selling an M-RK or two and buying a PSR-500 that will let you listen to all of that ;)

ROOFLIFECO

Premium Subscriber
yea, basically those i-Calls for those of you that don't know is a way to alert the fire stations where I live. If you look under the system, the one that says 'Station Alerting' are the two frequencies that send the alert to each station, and then I believe the i-Calls that are listed are the actual alert for either the engine, truck, or battalion chief.

I have 4 Jaguar 700P radios that I scan with and I would like to know if it is possible to program those i-calls in there just so I can tell what units will be going out ahead of time. For instance if I am only wanting to know when Station #10 gets a call. I am not sure if I would need to have them programmed in a group or if it can be hidden like a conventional channel in a group of trunked channels (if that makes sense).

Greenthumb, when you say LID's, what do you mean? Also when you say program them in different systems, just program each one in a different group or what? Would it be possible to put them all in one group (all 15 i-calls) and then at the beginning put the dispatch TG? This would take up all 16 channels

ROOFLIFECO

Premium Subscriber
OK...so, we tried this and didn't have any luck.

When the radio is read, the system information comes up. Click on Sets>Group Sets and there are all of my groups in the radio.

Go over to Systems>Systems Setup and there is the information for each one of the groups.

Now back to looking under the 'Sets' tab, there is 'Individual Call'. I tried to program one of those numbers in there with no luck. For some reason it will not save it. Am I doing something wrong here?

So then, I tried to program a new group and program one of those I-calls as an LID, but it came up with a box that says "Boxes containing an X have an error. The system cannot be saved until this is fixed"

So either way it's not letting me put them in. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

w0fg

It should just be a matter of going to 'Sets', 'Individual Call Sets', 'New ICall set'..name the set and then go to the 1st position and fill in the blanks with name and lid. If that lid i-calls your radios lid or you call the one you entered, you should hear them and vice-versa.

snoopyII

Jordan, it sounds like you were trying to accomplish the same thing as I was attempting with the Arvada Fire station tones. I would try to program one radio with the LID 15956 (the sta. 10 LID accoriding to the DB)under Systems>System Setup>EDACS (upper right corner). So when sta. 10 is toned, the system "thinks" your radio is sta 10 also. I have all of the Arvada FD stations Icall LID's programmed (in my orion) under sets>individual call sets but it doesnt work. I'm pretty sure this is because its intention here is for that radio to be able to I-call those programmed in its personality. (I'm be no stretch of the imagination an EDACS programming expert but I'm learning fast) This is where a scanner differs from a radio because the scanner listens for everything, where as the radio has to play by the "rules" as a result of its programming. The very nature of the I-calls is to have a semi-private conversation that the entire group does'nt hear. Therin lies the downside of using radios instead of scanners...

Last edited:

ROOFLIFECO

Premium Subscriber
Snoopy,

Thanks so much for your reply! That is actually exactly what I'm trying to accomplish, without much luck yet. But I'll def have to try that. I monitor Aurora almost 24/7. Sometimes though, I would like to listen for only a certain station's calls, and not the whole fire department. That is my plan behind all this. We'll give that a shot though. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.