ProScan: Programming options in ProScan

Skyd

Hi all - so I've been doing a little bit of programming on my new Uniden BCD996P2 using Freescan. So far it's worked really well for my needs for the time being.

However - I can't find a way to set the Tone to SEARCH in freescan. I can do it manually in the scanner, but that's kind of a pain and the point of the software is to not have to muck around on the scanner for hours.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if ProScan does this? I know there's a free trial and I'll probably download that soon but I'd like to know ahead of time, as it's a limited trial.

Also - Can you record hits with Proscan? I haven't even looked to see if you can or can't with Freescan but figured I'd ask while I'm here.

However - I can't find a way to set the Tone to SEARCH in freescan.
search.jpg

You need to scroll down to find SEARCH.

Yes ProScan can do this too.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I'm wondering if anyone knows if ProScan does this? I know there's a free trial and I'll probably download that soon but I'd like to know ahead of time, as it's a limited trial.

Also - Can you record hits with Proscan? I haven't even looked to see if you can or can't with Freescan but figured I'd ask while I'm here.
ProScan's 30 day free trial is a fully functional version.

Skyd

View attachment 138227

You need to scroll down to find SEARCH.

Yes ProScan can do this too.

Those sneaky little......haha. I did scroll down but I must have gone to fast and didn't see it. It's not even alphabetical what the heck.

Thanks!

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Those sneaky little......haha. I did scroll down but I must have gone to fast and didn't see it. It's not even alphabetical what the heck.
1678910721351.png

Same concept of I before E except after C. _Except here its S after 2 but before D

Award Winning Software.

Seriously, it is Award Winning

1678910891710.png

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Proscan can also achieve both tasks. Hey Bob @ProScan, did you relocate the URL to the online manual? I'm getting redirected to the homepage when I visit www.proscan.org/ProScan_Manual.pdf. Manual worked fine a few days ago when I referred someone to it

Proscan can also achieve both tasks. Hey Bob @ProScan, did you relocate the URL to the online manual? I'm getting redirected to the homepage when I visit www.proscan.org/ProScan_Manual.pdf. Manual worked fine a few days ago when I referred someone to it
It's fixed now. I was doing some site work and this broke.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Award Winning Software.

Seriously, it is Award Winning
Sure it may have been "award winning" 10 years ago but updates for the app stopped in 2015 & thus no support for the x36HPs nor SDSx00s. "Experimental" support for the 325 & 996p2. Although the former developer(s) seem(s) to still be active on Twitter, I have yet to find a recent tweet about the app itself. So I therefore nominate Freescan for the abandonware award.

Last edited:

hunterca

SDS100, BCD325P2
Premium Subscriber
Sure it may have been "award winning" 10 years ago but updates for the app stopped in 2015 & thus no support for the x36HPs nor SDSx00s. "Experimental" support for the 325 & 996p2. Although the former developer(s) seem(s) to still be active on Twitter, I have yet to find a recent tweet about the app itself. So I therefore nominate Freescan for the abandonware award.
Do not forget BCD325P2.

Skyd

I have a follow up question - If I end up purchasing ProScan (the more I read the more I think I will) can I install it on 2 laptops without buying 2 keys? They will not be used simultaneously, If I can only use it on 1 I'll wait til I get my listening shack finished because I'm going to use a different laptop in there.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
If I end up purchasing ProScan (the more I read the more I think I will) can I install it on 2 laptops without buying 2 keys?

They will not be used simultaneously,

ProScan Purchase Information
  • License Cost is 50.00 USD.
  • Discount available for 10 or more licenses.
  • Each license allows activation on 2 separate computers.
  • ProScan license can be deactivated on one computer and activated on another computer or can be activated again on the same computer if OS reinstalled or hard drive reformatted.
  • Every license enables us to improve our software and continue to develop ProScan.
  • Licenses can not be transferred or sold.
  • All sales final. Try the 30 day fully functional demo/trial before purchasing.
  • Lost keys are sent at no charge. Key Request must be done via email.

Skyd

ProScan Purchase Information
  • License Cost is 50.00 USD.
  • Discount available for 10 or more licenses.
  • Each license allows activation on 2 separate computers.
  • ProScan license can be deactivated on one computer and activated on another computer or can be activated again on the same computer if OS reinstalled or hard drive reformatted.
  • Every license enables us to improve our software and continue to develop ProScan.
  • Licenses can not be transferred or sold.
  • All sales final. Try the 30 day fully functional demo/trial before purchasing.
  • Lost keys are sent at no charge. Key Request must be done via email.

Oh Perfect I didn't see that, thanks!

EDIT - Took a quick look at the manual, it seems entirely geared towards remote control of the scanner, recording, and streaming. I guess programming the scanner with the software is intuitive, or am I misunderstanding what proscan does.

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
EDIT - Took a quick look at the manual, it seems entirely geared towards remote control of the scanner, recording, and streaming. I guess programming the scanner with the software is intuitive, or am I misunderstanding what proscan does.
-
The many features of ProScan are listed here:

ProScan is very easy to use and programming is both powerful and intuitive with features not available in other software. The manual shows you how to open database files and favorites lists for manual programming, and also for importing programming data directly from the RR database with a RR premium subscription --> (highly recommended). As with anything new, there are always learning curves involved, but the layout of the programming areas is very easy to follow once you have used it a few times.

As mentioned previously, it is highly suggested that you download the fully functional 30 day free ProScan trial to see first hand all of the features available, and determine if the software will meet your needs.