PROGRAMMING RE-BANDED SYSTEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA1BTB

I'm preparing to program my 1st trunking scanner (BCT-15X). For Custom (rebanded) Motorola/VHF/UHF Systems do I need to enter the control frequencies and/or regular frequencies after the "Band Plan" is set up?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
There is no such thing as a rebanded VHF/UHF system. Rebanding only applies to 800 Mhz.

Mike

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
For a VHF/UHF system, you will need to enter in the trunking tables and the control channels.

WA1BTB

The instructions I have refer to "Custom VHF/UHF" for entering Re-banded systems when programming. Re-banding now only applies to the 800 Mhz. band, which is in the UHF range.
Now, to the point: I will enter the ALL the freqs., including the control freqs.
THANKS for all responses.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
The instructions I have refer to "Custom VHF/UHF" for entering Re-banded systems when programming. Re-banding now only applies to the 800 Mhz. band, which is in the UHF range.

Now, to the point: I will enter the ALL the freqs., including the control freqs.

THANKS for all responses.

I don't know where you got those instructions but they're wrong. As has been said previously, rebanding doesn't apply to VHF and UHF.

Yes, rebanding applies to 800MHz but 800MHz is not considered UHF when it comes to scanners.

What system are you trying to program in? It would be easier to advise you if we knew exactly which system you were trying to program.

For VHF/UHF, you will need to enter a bandplan. For 800MHz, you might get away with just entering the control channels but some scanners will require some extra information if the system has been rebanded.

WA1BTB

I do not yet have my scanner. I've been preparing myself for the up-coming task of programming.
I've been reading "Easier to Read BCT-15X Scanner Manual", for which I have found many recommendations. One section is entitled "For Custom (rebanded) Motorola/VHF/UHF Systems" [cut & pasted from the manual].
The system I am interested in regards to this re-banding issue is the Charlotte County (FL) Public Services, which I believe is a re-banded 800 Mhz. system.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager

kma371

QRT
That is an 800MHz system not VHF or UHF.

Use table found here:
Software Support for Uniden Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki

I do not yet have my scanner. I've been preparing myself for the up-coming task of programming.
I've been reading "Easier to Read BCT-15X Scanner Manual", for which I have found many recommendations. One section is entitled "For Custom (rebanded) Motorola/VHF/UHF Systems" [cut & pasted from the manual].
The system I am interested in regards to this re-banding issue is the Charlotte County (FL) Public Services, which I believe is a re-banded 800 Mhz. system.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
That section heading may be a bit misleading. But you do need a band plan for VHF & UHF Type II systems, and in many cases, for a Rebanded 800MHz system. The table values given there are correct. And if the system you are trying to program is this one: Charlotte County Public Services Trunking System, Charlotte County, Florida - Scanner Frequencies
then, yes, those tables are required to properly track the system.

WA1BTB

Have successfully programmed for the desired system, Charlotte Cty, FL, by entering the "Band Plan" and the 4 control frequencies. Was much easier than anticipated.

Status
Not open for further replies.