Programming Simulcast systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ke4mmp

My county has a EDAC system which has 3 sites simulcast. My question is do I need to program all 3 site or just one? Secondly will my scanner work if I’m in a different part of the county with just one site.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
My county has a EDAC system which has 3 sites simulcast. My question is do I need to program all 3 site or just one? Secondly will my scanner work if I’m in a different part of the county with just one site.
The listed system for your county, Osceola, is a P25 system, which has multiple transmit towers (see map).

Are you, perhaps, referring to Brevard County, which does have a three site EDACS system? For that system, you should include all three simulcast sites to cover your bases.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
No lm in Volusia County.
OK
I was going by the county shown for Kissimmee, in your profile. Kissimmee showed to be Oceola.

The Volusia County EDACS system does have three sites.
Just looking at the number of frequencies listed for each site, it appears that the County East site would be the one to carry all the talkgroups in the county. Regardless, even if a specific site is simulcast, you can't make any improvement by only entering some of the frequencies. In fact, the system might not work at all. Also, for an EDACS system, you have to enter the frequencies under the correct LCN numbers. That's the small number by each frequency in the Site section of the system. If you only program one of the three sites, it likely should be the County East (System 2/B).

Since the EDACS systems are end of life, no longer supported by the manufacturer, the county may be planning to move to the P25 system that is shown under your county. You might find more details on if and when that changeover might occur down in the Florida forum. If you want to ask there, do not create a new thread. Instead, click on the Report in the lower left corner of one of your posts, and request that a moderator move your thread to the state forum. Someone in the area would be more likely to see it there.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here is a FreeSCAN file for Volusia County. Pressing 1, 2, and 3 on the keypad will toggle the 3 sites on and off. Volusia Co is working on a new P25 system to replace the EDACS system which is no longer supported. This is a somewhat abbreviated file to show you how it is done. When programming the new P25 system with FreeSCAN, the System Type and Site Type will be P25 Standard (Digital XT). Here is a list of the system and group quick keys. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with FreeSCAN and Upload Programming. Highlight Erase All Systems & Settings and click on Start Upload,

System Quick Keys
1. Volusia Co West site
2. Volusia Co East site
3. Daytona Beach site
Group Quick Keys
1. Volusia Co Fire
2. Volusia Co EMS
3. Volusia Sheriff
4. Daytona Bch Fire
5. Daytona Bch PD

Attachments

• Volusia Co FL.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 6

ke4mmp

Here is a FreeSCAN file for Volusia County. Pressing 1, 2, and 3 on the keypad will toggle the 3 sites on and off. Volusia Co is working on a new P25 system to replace the EDACS system which is no longer supported. This is a somewhat abbreviated file to show you how it is done. When programming the new P25 system with FreeSCAN, the System Type and Site Type will be P25 Standard (Digital XT). Here is a list of the system and group quick keys. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with FreeSCAN and Upload Programming. Highlight Erase All Systems & Settings and click on Start Upload,

System Quick Keys
1. Volusia Co West site
2. Volusia Co East site
3. Daytona Beach site
Group Quick Keys
1. Volusia Co Fire
2. Volusia Co EMS
3. Volusia Sheriff
4. Daytona Bch Fire
5. Daytona Bch PD
Ok thanks!

Status