ProScan: Proscan port forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my sds200 programed and functioning. I have proscan up and running my stream. I can access the stream locally but not on the go. I have the xfinity router. I have port forwarding set up but when I use open port check. The port is closed. Is there something I am missing? Or is there something different I can do to fix it?

belvdr

No longer interested in living
How do you have the port forward defined? Please state what IP and port you forwarded and to what device.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have my sds200 programed and functioning. I have proscan up and running my stream. I can access the stream locally but not on the go. I have the xfinity router. I have port forwarding set up but when I use open port check. The port is closed. Is there something I am missing? Or is there something different I can do to fix it?
You want to use the IP address of the computer running the ProScan server and not the scanner IP address. It's a common mistake.

You want to use the IP address of the computer running the ProScan server and not the scanner IP address. It's a common mistake.
I have local control using the computer ip address. But to access the scanner not at home you use the ip address of the router and the port number but unfortunately that part is not working.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have local control using the computer ip address. But to access the scanner not at home you use the ip address of the router and the port number but unfortunately that part is not working.
You're accessing the ProScan server and not the scanner. The scanner is a separate connection to ProScan and it has nothing to do with Port Forwarding.

Why is the Reserved IP Address 1st octet 10 and the router IP 192. Do you have more then 1 router?

You're accessing the ProScan server and not the scanner. The scanner is a separate connection to ProScan and it has nothing to do with Port Forwarding.

Why is the Reserved IP Address 1st octet 10 and the router IP 192. Do you have more then 1 router?

This is the instructions I followed. I’m not running a rsoip server. I’m running it by ip only.

The 192 ip address you see is an advertisement on the website my ip for the router is 68.84.74.52 port 5000 for access when we get it online.
The host laptop is 10.0.0.56
The local address is 10.0.0.75 port 5000.
I can access the scanner on my laptop and on my phone but only locally not away from the home network.

belvdr

You need to port forward the PC (10.0.0.56), not the SDS.

belvdr

Ok I’ll try that. Unfortunately I think I will run into the same problem. The xfinity router I have allows port forwarding but when you check from an outside source it still says it’s closed.
Port 5000 is opened by ProScan on the PC. Port 5000 on the SDS is closed. Therefore, if you port forward the SDS, it won't show as open on the outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.