ProScan questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
I am have a question regarding ProScan

I manually added one department, a P25 conventional with two channels a Primary and an alternate as a test. When it worked, I came back and deleted that system and downloaded it and a couple of other departments from RadioRefernce and uploaded that to the scanner. When I go to the Group Quick Key drop down the system I entered manually is still showing in the drop down (see attached illustration) but it does not appear anywhere else in the programming (e.g., systems tab, 'systems/site/search/close call quick key status' under 'the 'quick keys/search keys' tab.

I have found one entry to the system by name (system 67) in the ProScan text file, but there is a potential link (30876) in a line for another system (not sure what the relationship is).

The two illustrations show the deleted system in the ProScan drop down and how it appears in the profile/config file and the possible link value.

Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of the system I deleted from the scanner from the Group Quick Key Status window? I could easily delete the row for the QGL, but I am not sure what the '30876' value next to it means when it appears in the information for an unrelated system (one added just before the problem QGL).

Attachments

• deleted-system.png
    deleted-system.png
    510.5 KB · Views: 33
  • deleted-system-2.png
    deleted-system-2.png
    302.3 KB · Views: 32

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
It sounds like the ProScan database and the scanner database are not in sync.
Download the database and config. from the scanner to ProScan or upload the database and config. to the scanner depending on if the last changes made were in ProScan or the scanner.

Those numbers you see are system indexes used by the scanner internally.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
It sounds like the ProScan database and the scanner database are not in sync.
Download the database and config. from the scanner to ProScan or upload the database and config. to the scanner depending on if the last changes made were in ProScan or the scanner.

Those numbers you see are system indexes used by the scanner internally.
Thank you Bob, I will give both a try as I've only made one change (two but they are the same basic system, one manually entered and the other from RR).

I am pretty sure I tried both and wound up with the same problem, but I'll run it again to be sure. I know for certain that I deleted the manually added (system 67) from the scanner before I uploaded the full system, but the ProScan shows the remnants of the deleted system that was not downloaded to the computer.

Just to include a bit more information that I forgot or have come up with since my original post.

When I upload to the scanner from ProScan, there is no 'system 67' in the list of systems loaded.

Is the drop down under the 'group quick key status' what 'systems' are listed? The two 'conventional' systems I added with ProScan are not displayed in this list. I thought it might be because they were conventional, but others are listed where I can set a group key.

There seems to be a problem when I 'save' changes I have made. I am going to IM you with some screen shots rather than air this on the forum.

n7uv

Premium Subscriber
Hi Bob - I too have a question about Proscan. I have version 16.5.5, a BCD536 connected via Wi-Fi, and it's apparent the scanner is connected as the Proscan display on the windows box updates. The scanner is currently set up only by location and range, and I'd like to severely limit what it's listening to.
In Proscan, I created using Favorites Editor a favorite for PHX railroad monitoring. From radioreference, downloaded a bunch of BNSF and UP channels, saved them on the PC as a favorites file, but when I attempt to use the Favorites Editor to do a Scanner Write, a box pops titled "Write Favorites to the Scanner" but no scanner models ever show up. I click refresh and nothing happens.
What do I need to do?
Cheers and 73 - Jon N7UV

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
it's apparent the scanner is connected as the Proscan display on the windows box updates.

when I attempt to use the Favorites Editor to do a Scanner Write, a box pops titled "Write Favorites to the Scanner" but no scanner models ever show up. I click refresh and nothing happens.
What do I need to do?
Cheers and 73 - Jon N7UV
It sounds like the scanner is not in Mass Storage mode since you have a virtual display. Click the MSM button to put it in Mass Storage mode. The scanner display should show "USB Mass Storage". If so, click the refresh button and the scanner should appear in the list.

n7uv

Premium Subscriber
Good morning Bob -
I tried your suggestion just now. When I click Send MSM Command to Scanner button, about 15 seconds later the display goes blank.

Maybe I should also point out that I'm not physically in front of the scanner, it's completely remoted from me, and I'm using VNC to talk to the computer it's connected to and which is running Proscan. In any event, at no point in time does the Refresh button appear to have an action.

If I need to be physically in front of the scanner to have this make a difference, I can go there today and try again.

Cheers and 73 - Jon N7UV

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Good morning Bob -
I tried your suggestion just now. When I click Send MSM Command to Scanner button, about 15 seconds later the display goes blank.

Maybe I should also point out that I'm not physically in front of the scanner, it's completely remoted from me, and I'm using VNC to talk to the computer it's connected to and which is running Proscan. In any event, at no point in time does the Refresh button appear to have an action.

If I need to be physically in front of the scanner to have this make a difference, I can go there today and try again.

Cheers and 73 - Jon N7UV
Good Morning Jon,
Do you have a USB cable hooked up from the scanner to the computer? You need that for the scanner to go into Mass Storage mode.

n7uv

Premium Subscriber
Hi Bob -
You know, I'm not sure! I was just at the location, at least got it to scan mostly only RR frequencies, but I'll have to go back later and check for a USB connection. It's been a while since I got it and other matters have had precedence...

Cheers and 73 - Jon N7UV

n7uv

Premium Subscriber
Hey Bob -
That did the trick. Was able to load a local RR favorites file and scanner's so much faster now since it's not scanning 200+ freqs...
Cheers and 73 - Jon N7UV

Status
Not open for further replies.